• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda How Do You Usually Call 'your' Link?

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Window. Sandwich. Tortilla. Soap. Sponge. Booger. Sugartits. Wingull. Cassmandra. These are the names of the heroes who have given thier lives in the name of peace. May thier souls rest in peace.

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
I always do just "Link" as it's easier for me to connect with the character that way, sort of like with book characters. But my sister always name the WW one as "Dude" She tough it was funny when the KoRL woke Link up for the first time saying "Dude, Dude, wake up Dude."

Japas

Indigo-Go's Bassist
My first Zelda game, and Phantom Hourglass (since I was just renaming it after my first Link) were called zELDA. But then I was like "stop this you loser" and so he's been Link since.

I would always give it my own name the first time through. If I ever played it again, I gave him something silly and sometimes a name that I couldn't state here.

The Omni Triforcer

Hero Of Time And Space
This is the way I think about it:

Link isn't me, I am Link.

...Besides, I'm so used to knowing him as Link, it would feel very off to have him called by another name.
i once went through half a zelda game with my real name Ben and didnt notice im so stupid but when i noticed i deleted my file named him link and did the whole gane over again

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Well, as a kid, the very first file I named in Ocarina of Time was 0987. Mostly cuz it was the first time I had my tiny little hands on a controller so I just kinda...smacked it around and hit enter. Nowadays I usually call him Link, but for any new Zelda game I name him 0987, cuz its just kind of tradition.

I did name my file in Minish Cap LANK once though. So that's something.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I usually just call him Link, because that's who he is to me. I can't really picture him with a different name, tbh.

Well, okay, this one time I named Link "Monkey". I was in a strange mood that day...

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Usually I just call him Alex. Heck, I use that name for a lot of the video games I play in general. I'm not exactly sure why, I just do it.

Fig

The Altruist
No matter what Zelda game I might be playing, the first file will always be named Link. On the second file, it would usually relate to something about me or anything that I personally like. And on the third file (assuming there is one as some games can only hold a maximum of two files) it's usually something stupid or anything that doesn't make sense as that is usually my Let's Play and I'm simply goofing around with Jerry or anyone near me. But ever since I first started to play Zelda, I always felt that naming the game file Link was always a better option in the naming process.

I much prefer to name him Link because as I go through the adventure, I am going through it as well and everything that Link does is something I had the choice to do. I was the one to across the land of Hyrule, the one who wanted to achieve greatness in their destined path, and the one who had to suffer the consequences of my actions that I chose to take. Link is a part of me and I'm a part of him. We're the same being despite living in different dimensions. I may just be a person who controls Link, but Link is my own link to my emotions and actions. It's what makes my experience with each new installment that much more personal to me because the two of us are connected to each other as we both need the other person within us in order to move along and follow the path of fate that lies in front of us. That's what the whole series is about, a person who has no skill at all in the beginning of their life who must unlock their true potential within themselves to achieve greatness. That's probably why when I name myself as Link, everything feels like it is happening to me in real life and if I want to be a success in this cruel and beautiful world, I must unlock the power within me and continue to believe in myself to show off what I'm made of.

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I always go with Link. One, because I have a girl's name and it's a kinda boring not-heroic type name so it just seems weird. Two, because I don't want to be me, I want to be the character that is Link. I even keep the horse's name as Epona in TP, although my sister did rename hers as her horse's name, which is funny because Epona is a mare and Apollo is a gelding, and it makes us giggle to hear Apollo being called a "girl who likes to be prettied up". Because we are, in fact, still seven years old, and Apollo is a little priss to begin with. The only time any of our siblings gone with a funny name for Link was my brother, who named his character Apollo in OoT simply so Darunia's son would be named Apollo. It's another joke with us because we call Apollo a goron because he can't swim, rolls uphill, and eats rocks. I just realized how freaking mean we are to this horse.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I always name Link another name than just Link. Often I give him my own name and laugh myself crazy when they call him a he while he has a girls name. But I also like to give him stupid or weird names. I called Link in ALBW Yuganon. Recently I haven't played new files so it is time to start one and call him something really odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom