• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Treat the Public Bathrooms?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Seems toilet paper and the restroom is trendy as of late. Anyway, how do you treat public bathrooms? With respect? With disgust? Maybe indifferent or something I just failed to list?

I myself treat any and all public bathrooms with disgust. Why? Well, being a guy, there is almost always a stall that has someone's poop just lodged right there, as if it is saying "What's up, what you lookin' at homie?". It's disgusting and makes me want to blow chunks. Also from being a guy in a public men's restroom, pee is laden across the toilet seat, the toilet seat is UP for whatever reason, and there is likely to be pee strewn across the floor. LASTLY, being in a guy's public restroom, there is likely to be someone's number, a city and some innuendo. Disgusting.

I mean, am I SUPPOSED to walk in there and be all happy and stuff? Why are people marking the restroom with their excrement? Why?

I treat public restrooms with the utmost respect, like I would a fine gentleman or gentlelady.

Jk, I piss on the wall. YOLO

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Wow, you've had some horrible experiences with public restrooms. :mellow: I've yet to come across one that is nearly as disgusting as you have described, so I guess I can say I'm indifferent to them. I don't tend to use public restrooms that often though, because I'm always afraid that someone else will come in, and then I don't make a sound until they leave. >,> I hate social interactions in public restrooms. Being around someone else while I'm going to the bathroom isn't something I typically want to happen.

Big Octo

=^)
I rarely use public restrooms for the reasons the OP has mentioned. Only in emergencies do I use them.

Given my rare use of them, I can't make a true judgement of how I treat them. But if I have to say, good, I guess...?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I have never, not once, taken a **** outside of a home bathroom. All public toilets are beyond disgusting, and I refuse to use them. I'd rather **** my pants, but holding it in seems like the best way to go. I take this to such an extreme standard that, for example, at a school camp several years ago, I went three days without a toilet. Not kidding.

Last edited:

Dan

Oh gawd here in England our restrooms always have the foul smell of urine and chav vomit all over them. Mostly at night mostly. If there isn't some poop smeared all over the cubical walls there's gonna be a turd in the urinal. I always try my best to hold in the package as dropping it in a public restroom is a big no no for me. So If anything I treat them with caution.

octorok74

TETTAC
I treat them with respect. It may be disgusting, but you just have to deal with it or try to hold it in. But I've had an experience a bit worse then yours Ventus. There was crap on the ceiling and walls. That is what 16 packages of Pop Rocks in a single bottle of Coka-Cola did to my friend. Best camping experience ever. It took the staffers hours to clean the place out.

Seems toilet paper and the restroom is trendy as of late. Anyway, how do you treat public bathrooms? With respect? With disgust? Maybe indifferent or something I just failed to list?

I myself treat any and all public bathrooms with disgust. Why? Well, being a guy, there is almost always a stall that has someone's poop just lodged right there, as if it is saying "What's up, what you lookin' at homie?". It's disgusting and makes me want to blow chunks. Also from being a guy in a public men's restroom, pee is laden across the toilet seat, the toilet seat is UP for whatever reason, and there is likely to be pee strewn across the floor. LASTLY, being in a guy's public restroom, there is likely to be someone's number, a city and some innuendo. Disgusting.

I mean, am I SUPPOSED to walk in there and be all happy and stuff? Why are people marking the restroom with their excrement? Why?

I feel the same way. Public Bathrooms are the utmost repulse for me.
One question though, you say "Being a guy" but beneath your username it says female. Why exactly?

It is a rare occasion that I use public restrooms, as I find them to be the utterly repulsive. During those times, however, I am sure to use proper "toilet etiquette". I always wash my hands and dry them promptly. I also make sure to throw away any tissues and/or paper towel that I've used into the wastebasket. I never use public toilets. I occasionally tag the restroom walls with graffiti when I'm bored. TEAM WOLF

This is how I treat Public Restrooms (btw, I'm a guy). First, it's imperative that you can wholeheartedly distinguish whether or not you're entering the male facility. If there is the slightest doubt in you're mind, don't do it and hold it in. The possible consequences are not worth it. Now assess the situation. If you're the only one there then you're clear; if not, adhere to this advice closely.

- No eye contact. It's awkward.
- Do not talk. This is not social hour; you're here to do business.
- Know your objectives. Picture this as a Navy Seal recon mission. You want to get in and out as fast as possible; the best way to do this is plan ahead for all possible situations and have a planned course of action for each one.
- Only look in the mirror for a maximum ten seconds. Anything more is unnecessary.

Those are the general guidelines. Urinating and defecating are completely different, and here is what you should do for each respective case.

Urinating:

- Do not choose a stall directly next to someone.
- Position yourself correctly. You don't want to be so close that the back-splash of urine gets on your clothes, but you don't want to be so far away that everyone can see what you're working with.
- Look strait ahead. Again, maintaining minimal eye-contact. You can look down, but don't do it for so long because people will think you're admiring it.
- Do no more than three shakes. Anything more is overkill.

Defecating:

- Again, don't choose a stall directly next to someone. If there are no available options, pretend like you came into wash your hands until one becomes available.
- No matter what, wipe the seats.
- LOCK THE DOOR
- Try to get out in under two minutes if possible.

There. That's how I approach Public Restrooms. I hope I'm not the only one who puts so much thought into them...

Night Owl

~Momentai
I am of the opinion that if everyone treated them with the same respect they do their home restroom, Public restrooms would not get as nasty.
I believe that they get nasty, for the most part, because people believe they are nasty and avoid any physical contact with the facilities. Which causes them to miss and make a mess.

I avoid nasty ones and will leave to find a better one if I can, I try to avoid reading the graffiti, and avoid stalls next to people if I can.
I make sure I don't leave a mess for the next person, I make sure there is paper in the stall. (No one wants to be that Zelda hand)

As a sidenote, The fact that gas stations get to be able to advertise clean restrooms irritates me to no end.

Fig

The Altruist
I treat every bathroom/restroom the same: with respect, no matter what has happened in there. Frankly, I want to let my school know that I'm not going to ruin its property with my excretions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom