• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Show Off Your Love For The Zelda Series?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Outside of playing and owning the games and owning some merchandise at home, how do you show off your interest in the series?

I have a few shirts and a jumper which I wear fairly often and my phone case shows an outline of Skyward Sword Link while my lock screen is BOTW Link and my home screen is SSBU Link. I've had a few people strike up a conversation with me about the series when they've seen these which is a nice conversation starter.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I have a few shirts, posters, and some various merchandise. But probably the main way is with my triforce tattoo I have just above my wrist.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have posters and stuff in my room. I don't really have much stuff like shirts and stuff of my interests. I prefer solid colors whenever I go out. However, I do have a Zelda lanyard for my car keys and some of my students have either asked me about it or recognized it.

Other than that, I do this. I talk with friends about the series that I love.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I don't, ha, I have a zelda shirt but I'm reluctant to wear/show video game related stuff in public [which also means no game related phone lock/background screens]
otherwise I have a breath of the wild poster and the arts & artifacts book that I got recently, both of course that's the at home stuff so doesn't count for this

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm still new enough that I don't really have anything! I do wanna get a Triforce sticker for my car, and a tshirt. That's kinda how I do anything I wanna show off, lol. Maybe I'll get a Zelda hoodie if I find one I like

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I don't, ha, I have a zelda shirt but I'm reluctant to wear/show video game related stuff in public [which also means no game related phone lock/background screens]

Any reason you're reluctant? I used to be like this in high school as there seemed to be some perception that it was uncool to enjoy Nintendo games at the time but since being in University it became "cool" again, or at least people no longer care what other people enjoy as their hobbies anyway.

Like most of the people in this thread, I have a handful of Zelda shirts that are in rotation of regular wear. I also have a Zelda wallet and my lanyards also have Zelda designs. Sometimes my desktop wallpaper is also Zelda related, but it hasn't been in a couple years.

I remember one time after paying for something when I was out with my sister, I told her how dumb I must have looked to the cashier to already be wearing a Zelda shirt and then pull out my Zelda wallet, and she simply replied with "Why is that any different than me wearing track & field shirts because I run track?" And to be honest, she has a point. She has so many shirts she's gotten from various meets she's attended and she still wears them. We just wear our interests to express ourselves and it's not something to be ashamed of.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I have a bunch of Zelda Dungeon shirts from the marathon, one time I was at a church picnic and one of the kids recognized the triforce on whichever shirt I was wearing. Turns out her dad is the district manager for the Game Stops in the area. Nice to know one of their DMs is somewhat normal.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Any reason you're reluctant? I used to be like this in high school as there seemed to be some perception that it was uncool to enjoy Nintendo games at the time but since being in University it became "cool" again, or at least people no longer care what other people enjoy as their hobbies anyway.
just the dumb stigma of it that probably isn't anywhere near as prevalent as it was back in the days, but I don't know, I never really liked showing off anything video game related even as a kid

I have a bunch of Zelda shirts, one with Twilight Princess Link, one with A Link to the Past Link, and, my favorite, a navy blue Symphony of the Goddesses shirt with an emblazoned circle filled with images from the series. I have every Goddess Collection book and a couple of the manga, as well as the Hero's Edition of Creating a Champion. My desktop background varies between different pieces of Zelda artwork every couple of months (currently the Age of Calamity box art).

Honestly though, the way I most express my love for the Zelda series is through drawing and playing the piano, more so the latter these days as I've run out of time to do much drawing recently. I have stacks of drawings of Link I've made, and I've filled entire binders with Zelda sheet music.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I've never been one to buy much merchandise for any series I like, so not really. Like markasscop, I don't really feel comfortable even sharing the fact that gaming is a hobby of mine, given how it's still not considered to be a "valid" hobby by many. I do have some video game backgrounds for my lock screen and home screen, but since my phone is only used by me that's never an issue.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Umm playing and talking about Zelda and insisting to my bro and sis that i introduce zelda to my neice and nephew and i have tje hyrule historia...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom