• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do You Feel About the Wii U

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I'm kind of excited about the WiiU (although they could have picked a MUCH better name for it). I'm mostly excited about all the third party games. It's about time Nintendo gets out of their little corner (although that corner is quite awesome I must admit) and expand to a larger gaming audience.

I've had mixed feelings about the controller but after giving it some thought I think it'll be pretty awesome. I really like the whole dual screens concept. I just can't wait to see a Zelda WiiU game. HD Zelda + Dual screens Zelda = Awesome Zelda.

Last edited:

JakeProtagonist

Defender of Peace
I like it :) I dont see why everyone gives the controller hate, It looks fun and cool to me :D
The only I DO hate about the Wii U, is its name... It kinda sucks :/

Name? I hate.

Controller? I have mixed feelings. On one hand, you have a great new thing to use in games (Especially RPGs, although DICE, the developers of Battlefield, are also very interested in it), on another, its very bulky and isn't nice to look at.

Graphics?(Yes, yes, graphics aren't everything, but they are still a significant factor in gaming) While it's nice that they are PS3 level, keep in mind that this is the beginning of the 8th generation, and the next PS and XBox will defiantly surpass it.

Game library so far? With the promise of Pikmin 3, something new from Retro and a new Zelda, it seems that the library with have some golden title. And with the prospect of a Wii U exclusive Battlefield, it seems that the sup-par third party support of the Wii is long gone.

It looks like the Wii U has a number of minor cons, but I hope that a good library will balance that out. In the end, thats what really matters, the games.

No offense, but Third Party games stink. Anubis 2, Ninja Bread Man, Call of Duty, etc. No first party game has failed to impress me.

Sonic, Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Half-Life, Rocksteady Batman games, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Beyond Good & Evil, Soul Calibur, Viewtiful Joe, Street Fighter, Dirt, Rock Band, Dark/Demon Souls, Dead space, and more highlight the importance of third parties.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I could contest the idea of Soul Calibur; 4 was a blasphemy to the very series which it stood for. While I am open armed to SC3, 2, 1, and Soul Blade/Edge, 4 wasn't all that great and I expect even less out of 5 due to the (well deserved) time jump.

Otherwise, :yes: to what ALIT said.

EDIT: Nevermind, the possibility of SC5 on the Wii U? Sounds like an opportune moment for Nintendo, wouldn't you say?

I could contest the idea of Soul Calibur; 4 was a blasphemy to the very series which it stood for. While I am open armed to SC3, 2, 1, and Soul Blade/Edge, 4 wasn't all that great and I expect even less out of 5 due to the (well deserved) time jump.

Otherwise, :yes: to what ALIT said.

Yes, Soul Calibur IV was a blight upon the series that defined modern fighting games. Soul Calibur V, however, looks on par or slightly better but nowhere near the franchise's glory days.

The Wii U will probably be awesome,but I'm afraid about one thing:THE CONTROLLER,I dont know why but I dont really trust this Ipad-like controller,it doesn't seems confortable.I'm not sure but I think they remove all of the Gamecube stuff from the Wii(memory card,games disc enable etc.) so I wonder how will we play the games like the New Mario Kart,Super smash bros for Wii U without the GC controller,I dont think it will be nice to play Smash bros with an Ipad so I just hope they release a good controller for these kind on game or the VC game like the classic controller for the wii.

huge disappointment from nintendo. im all in for the innovative controller, but the system and they way you will play games just looks so goofy. the fact that you can't have two controllers per system that will actually work and the fact that if you want to play co-up you will have to have the wiimout is stupid.
the online component (from what they told us) sound dated and a little lazy. nintendo is known to live in the past/
if they will take care of the awkwardness of the system it could actually turn out great, but i don't think it will happen. i kinda lost my fifth in nintendo as a hardware makers the 3DS

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
huge disappointment from nintendo. im all in for the innovative controller, but the system and they way you will play games just looks so goofy. the fact that you can't have two controllers per system that will actually work and the fact that if you want to play co-up you will have to have the wiimout is stupid.
the online component (from what they told us) sound dated and a little lazy. nintendo is known to live in the past/
if they will take care of the awkwardness of the system it could actually turn out great, but i don't think it will happen. i kinda lost my fifth in nintendo as a hardware makers the 3DS

1. You CAN use more than 1 Wii U controller
and 2. You can just use the Classic Controller instead of the Wii Remote

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I love it. The control layout seems comfortable and it is great that you don't need a TV to play some games, it gets irritating when I have to stop playing video games just to let my sister watch TV shows they've memorized every line of. Also we finally get true HD, that will really help sales and get us more games that we could before because of graphic limitations. I also like that it is backwards compatible with Wii games and controllers.

The only thing I am not to fond of is the name, but I have gotten used to it.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
Name? I hate.

Graphics?(Yes, yes, graphics aren't everything, but they are still a significant factor in gaming) While it's nice that they are PS3 level, keep in mind that this is the beginning of the 8th generation, and the next PS and XBox will defiantly surpass it.

PS3 level? Where did you hear that nonsense? It has already been said that it's 50% more powerful than the PS3.

PS3 level? Where did you hear that nonsense? It has already been said that it's 50% more powerful than the PS3.
well it better be!
and what i meant abut the controllers in my post is that you can't play co-up with two tablets, people how didn't own a WII will have to get classic controller/Wiimout

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
well it better be!
and what i meant abut the controllers in my post is that you can't play co-up with two tablets, people how didn't own a WII will have to get classic controller/Wiimout

It depends on what nintendo decides about what the Wii U controller will do.
And If you're gonna use the Classic Controller, I suggest getting the Pro version. Feels a lot like a PS3 controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom