• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you feel about selfies?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I was just wondering what everyone thinks of selfies nowadays. Do you take them, and if so why, and if not, what is your opinion on people who do/taking them in general? What about selfie sticks and the like?

My personal opinion is, I don't take many selfies. I'll take one every now and then, either if I look extra fly that day or extra crappy. I rarely take them seriously with a non-ironic pout or anything. Usually I pull a face of some kind because I don't take myself seriously. I don't mind when other people take selfies or what faces they pull, but I do think selfie sticks and stuff like that are just ridiculous. If you need that, can we revert back to actual photography equipment and not just camera phones? Also, I find it annoying when the only photos someone posts are photos of themselves, especially when most of the time they look exactly the same and are pulling the same face at a slightly different angle. No, stop that. And not because I am about to start talking about vanity because that isn't something that concerns me, but the fact that anyone can be so very dull does concern me, quite a bit.

Anyway, what do you think? XD

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't have a problem with selfies. I see a lot of it as them having self-confidence. If you feel cute or good-looking enough to take a picture of yourself and post it, more power to you. I can definitely understand it being annoying after a certain point, but I'm not gonna be the one to say "chill out". If you feel cute and wanna share that with the world, then heck yeah go slay 'em.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
i have a face for radio so i do not take many. i'm not opposed to the concept

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
They are what they are. I'm pretty neutral about it. Although, the people that take them everyday all the time really need to find a hobby. Just sayin'.

I take them every once in awhile, maybe like once or twice a month if I happen to look good that day haha.

I'm not opposed to them, nor obsessed with them. I take them sometimes if I feel like I look good that day, likewise it doesn't bother me when people post a lot of selfies; it's their business and if they're confident with their appearance then that's fine with me. It's kind of obnoxious when someone decides to post a whole camera roll though lol.

I hate selfies. Then again, this is coming from a guy that has only taken like five pictures in his entire life, and at least 4 of them were taken against my will. This has kind of conditioned me to not give a crap about taking photos. Plus, I'm not very photogenic anyway.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Its up to the individual whether they want to take a picture of themselves all the time. I am not a fan of selfie taking personally. Its quite pointless and irritating when people take them all the time. 'Oh look here's a selfie of me in the park here's a selfie of me in the club, here's a selfie of me on the toilet...' It wouldn't make a difference where the selfie is taken because all it is is a closeup of the persons mug, exactly the same pout every time.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
lmao @ people who hate on our generation for selfies y'all realize back in the day people used to sit for hours to get portraits painted of them right that's the same as a selfie stop calling us self absorbed

If I wanna take a pic because I look cute as hell, I'm gonna do it. Don't know why so many people are against self love. We should all feel confident enough to rock selfies, bro.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I generally only take pictures of myself if I have something specific to show, like a new hair colour or haircut, a costume, or that I dressed up for a special occasion, or something along those lines. Other than that I just don't have much interest in taking pictures of just myself. I feel I'm more or less indifferent towards selfies in general. If someone is communicating something specific like the examples I've given above, and that message comes out clear through text, tags or something along those lines, or the picture speaks for itself, then I'm likely to pay attention if it shows up in my feed. If it just seems like a random picture someone took of themselves, especially if it looks like all the other pictures they've posted of themselves, then I will probably just scroll past it. It just doesn't interest me.

The selfie stick looks silly and pointless to me, but hey, whatever rocks your boat. There's plenty of items out there that have less function than the selfie stick, and I don't have an opinion of the people who buy those either.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
lmao @ people who hate on our generation for selfies y'all realize back in the day people used to sit for hours to get portraits painted of them right that's the same as a selfie stop calling us self absorbed

If I wanna take a pic because I look cute as hell, I'm gonna do it. Don't know why so many people are against self love. We should all feel confident enough to rock selfies, bro.

As I said people are free to take all the selfies they want. But there is no comparison to having a portrait painted. A portrait is something to display and keep for life. A quick selfie is just a one minute wonder which will be forgotten about days after it is taken.

I don't really care about them either way. To me they are just a faster way to take and send a picture of yourself when your family/friends/SO hasn't seen you for a while, or something. I don't take them all that often. Only when requested and I'm looking decent enough and they're damn lucky when I do cuz I hate having pictures taken of me. I am un-photogenic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom