• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you discovered zelda?

karu

Panamaniac
Watched my big brother play Twilight Princesses and Skyward Sword but never really got it until like a year later. I bought Twilight Princesses and finished it within 2 weeks it was that good!!! Till today, it's the only game that never bores me no matter how many times I play it. Proud to be a Zelda gamer

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
One day my mother bougth me an usaged ds, the ds come with a buch of random usaged ds game,phantom hourglass was one of them,the save was already complete so i was balading in the overwold and then i found the ocean king temple, if i remember correctly this temple and his guard scared me when i was young. After i watched a wind waker, twilight princess and some other. Latter i bougth a 3ds and ALBW and i realised how much the zelda series was amazing. And after i played every zelda game (even the cdi bs ones) except of SS.

And you how you discovered zelda? (with many details)

My mother played it since the second Zelda came out and she told me all about it and I thought it sounded cool. I used to watch my mum play Zelda games such as Skyward Sword and Wind Waker, I never actually played it. When I played Spirit Tracks and Phantom of Hourglass I kinda just wondered around and didn't really play the actual game or listen to the story line, but now I'm much more mature I've finished Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass, Twilight Princess, Wind Waker, Skwyard Sword, A Link Between Worlds and I hope to get Hyrule Warriors soon and I'm so excited for Breath of the Wild.
ZeldaUpic1.jpeg

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
When I was 5, me and my little brother got a used N64 for christmas with 4 games. Those were Rush, Aeroguage, Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. The first time, dad was playing while I and my brother was watching. None of us knew what Zelda-games were, so this was completely new to all of us. We got stuck a lot, but after a while we usually figured out how to proceed, until the bottom floor of Inside the Deku Tree. I couldn't read or understand english back then, so my dad translated everything for us, but with all the text in the game, it's easy to miss some things when doing that, and we completely forgot that you could actually use the Deku Stick as a torch, which meant we had no idea how to get past the cobbwebbs down there. A friend of mine that also had the game helped us with that. So dad kept playing while I and my brother continued watching and trying to figure out the puzzles together.
I did make my own playfile and played the game myself after we'd almost beaten it with our joined playfile.

I played the original Legend of Zelda on the NES. However I did not get hooked on the franchise until Ocarina of time.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don't remember exactly how old I was, but I believe it was in middle school. I had a Gameboy Advance, but we couldn't afford very many games. My mom found a game at a yard sale, and it just happened to be A Link to the Past. I didn't really know much about the series then, but after playing LttP I was hooked.

WindFishTacos

"Look at those sideburns...that's true grit!"
I got a gameboy color and Link's Awakening DX for a present as a kid. I loved the game but could never figure out how to beat the second dungeon boss. So I would restart the game and repeat play through up to that point. Put the game down for several years, found out you could look up how to beat him on the internet and continued (haha). Loved the series ever since, have played all the games except Zelda2 and Four Swords.

When I was 10, my next door friend got an N64 and Ocarina of Time when it was released. We played together for countless hours, usually me watching him play, but we had so much fun.

Way back in the day! I got an NES for xmas. Loved what it came with. But I wanted more. So a couple of months later my dad took me to K-mart to check out the games. Nothing appealed to me until I saw the gold packaging of The Legend Of Zelda-The Adventures Of Link. And saw that sword glimmering on the cover. I had to have it. After we got home. I was even more pleasantly surprised at the awesome gold cartridge! The game was hard but an amazing adventure! To this day I have it on my wii and wii u.

Attachments

• Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_(NA).jpg
    Zelda_II_The_Adventure_of_Link_(NA).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I started a bit later with Links awakening on Game Boy and was hooked I then just started collecting all the GB games I only recently started the GBA original game and it is hard I think if I started with that I probably would have rage quit but previous love for the game got me through :D

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
I had been watching the gaming youtuber PeanutButterGamer for a while, and watched him play The Wind Waker HD. I knew from that moment that I absolutely HAD to play that game! Once I was done, I immediately started looking for more Zelda!

Sad to say the "Excuuuuse me, princess" cartoon had the intended effect of convincing my little boy self that an NES was needed. Must have been 1989 or so. Got Zelda 1 and 2 for Christmas. Loved them. I had A Link to the Past for SNES when that came out, but soon after I "outgrew" video games. I think I'm at the tail end of the age where games were primarily aimed at children and perceived as children's toys one outgrows like He Man. (Dating myself.)

My wife is a bit of a gamer and I got her a Wii a couple of years back (2013 or 2014, I think), although it didn't interest me. When I found out you could download old NES games I remembered Zelda and found I still loved it. Played through the first 3 Zelda games from my childhood and then bought a used Game Boy and Link's Awakening, which I had never played. It was new to me. I've now played through all the Zelda games, and can't wait for Breath of the Wild. For some reason I still don't play other video games - only Zelda. I can't explain it.

I have very, very faint memories of playing A Link to the Past as a very small child, but I grew up playing and replaying my cousin's copy of Ocarina of Time, until I got an N64 for Christmas and my own copy.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
My brother had the original on NES and apparently my mom just randomly got it for him too. Probably because the cartridge was gold. I enjoyed the game despite not really knowing what I was doing when I was younger but that's not what got me into the series though. I was too young to keep up with games at the time so I didn't really pay attention to or even know there was a series up until The Wind Waker caught my attention. My brother was then given the Ocarina of Time Master Quest as a bonus for pre-ordering The Wind Waker which was the game that established my connection with the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom