• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you discovered zelda?

One day my mother bougth me an usaged ds, the ds come with a buch of random usaged ds game,phantom hourglass was one of them,the save was already complete so i was balading in the overwold and then i found the ocean king temple, if i remember correctly this temple and his guard scared me when i was young. After i watched a wind waker, twilight princess and some other. Latter i bougth a 3ds and ALBW and i realised how much the zelda series was amazing. And after i played every zelda game (even the cdi bs ones) except of SS.

And you how you discovered zelda? (with many details)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
My parents got me a GameCube for Christmas, along with had the Zelda Collectors Edition. The only games I played on there really were the Wind Waker demo (usually the Dungeon option, where I would race against time to beat it) and Majoras Mask (though I mostly just messed around and explored Clock Town). I tried to play Ocarina, but I randomly made it to the sacred forest meadow, where the white Wolfo scarred me for life (or, at least, for a few years), and the others were just too hard. Eventually I dropped Zelda, but picked it up again in around 3rd grade when my new neighbor/best friend got me into playing again. It was then I really played the games on the disc, as well as got Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I discovered it through SSBB. I bought the wii in 2007 and I bought SSBB and everytime I faced Link I wondered who he was. And google was my friend. Yep, I was late in discovering Zelda. I know.

When my parents would lock me in the bedroom of our flat. My father had an NES with LoZ and AoL, I figured out how to switch the NES on and began to play Zelda from there. I was too young to know what I was doing and I didn't know what it was, but I discovered the series again after my father had offed himself and my mother had disowned me when I played ALTTP on my uncle's SNES, been playing Zelda ever since. It means a lot to me.

I bought a 3DS in 2013 to play Pokemon, only to discover that I don't like that series anymore. A year later, I was browsing the E-Shop charts looking for something to play, saw ALBW, and thought "hey, why not?" Best decision ever.

I then proceeded to get Majora's Mask 3D, quickly decided to play Ocarina 3D first, then got the Zelda themed Wii U with Wind Waker HD, Skyward Sword, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess, Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglass and Triforce Heroes, in that order I believe.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I watched my Cousin playing OOT on the N64 when I was four years old. He was fighting Ganondorf. I knew that I needed to have an N64 from that moment on and so I asked Santa for one and got it for Christmas. I have been playing Zelda ever since.

Parents bought me a NES and it came with SMB1. The other game they got for me with it was Zelda 2.
This is why I often say Zelda 2 is not that hard. Maybe it is, I just have way too much practice with it. Mind you I was playing Zelda 2 and I was less than 6 years old. One thing I remember about it was being too young to fully work out how to beat Iron Knuckles properly. So the orange ones in Palace 1 were super tough. But a while later I beat it and the rest fo the game was beaten soon after. Didn't take me too long to beat the whole game though.

The only enemy in the game I don't beat legit is the red and blue bird knights in the great palace. I abuse their jump height and kill them without a scratch while standing on the breakable blocks. Also Shadow Link is a little too hard I think to beat legit. I get why it was liek that though. The same reason why MM had a harder way to beat the Majora (as kid link). I am pretty sure Nintendo realised the Shadow Link AI abuse glitch and left it in the game so there was two ways to win. Legit and AI abuse. The legit way is pretty hard though so there is no shame is abusing the AI.

LadySmugleaf

Love pull me down, hate lift me up.
Let me tell you how it all began... My aunt had sent us a N64 when I was about 10ish. Included were several games; Star Fox, Super Smash Bros, Rocket: Robot on Wheels, Super Mario and Majora's Mask.
Now, mom had been very strict about allowing video games into the house and I grew up as a sheltered homschooler. I had no idea what these games were or how to play them.
So we try and play Majora's Mask, several times. Not knowing what to do, only that we had a mask that we could change into, there was a fairy missing from the fairy fountain and it was apparently timed because the moon kept crashing at the end of the 3rd day.

It took me about eight to six years and a crush to even spark my interest again. Bit I'm glad I did, Ocarina of Time was so much fun and when I got MM for the 3DS, I made sure to buy new.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
My family bought an N64, and one of the first games we had was OoT. I played that game, and still play it all the time with my friend. From then on I always love the Legend of Zelda.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
My cousin was playing Majora's Mask on his N64 when we went to his house for thanksgiving several years back. When we got home I bought OoT.

I got a gamecube with mariokart double dash and the zelda collector's edition with it, which consisted of zelda 1, zelda 2(link's adventure) OoT and MM so I just started playing them, at first not knowing what to do but got gradually better at them and eventually after some years completed all of them and more which I bought later.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I actually began on the original Zelda for NES when I was somewhere between 7-10. My dad had a few games from his childhood, and among them were Zelda I and II. After beating the first, I finished the second, now interested, and by the time I reached A Link to the Past, I was totally hooked. ALttP was my first real Gameboy game, and to this day the old songs from that game bring back a wave of nostalgia. I would discover more of the Zelda world a few years later, after I became friends with another Zelda fan who had all of the console games.

Way back when I had a gameboy, somewhere along the line someone bought me a Zelda game and I was hooked immediately, the puzzles and quests quenched a thirst for gaming that not many other games have done since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom