• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you cope with spoilers?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
fast scrolling on things and ive got niki (another forumer who dont hang out here but i chat on discord to her) cuz we watch the same guts and i ll ask her if theres one i watch but not sure about....and yelling!!!!

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
If something getting spoiled ahead of time ruins that thing for you that thing was a cheap novelty and not truly worth experiencing
Lol what? Literally the exact opposite. If getting spoiled ruins it for you, it's because you miss out on all the well-written buildup and suspense and whatnot, but if you can still enjoy it after a spoiler, that means there was nothing substancial to enjoy in the first place.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
if you knew that aroura wakes up at the end but not the whole how her prince Eric got to her thru all those thorny bushes then its ruined....

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Lol what? Literally the exact opposite. If getting spoiled ruins it for you, it's because you miss out on all the well-written buildup and suspense and whatnot, but if you can still enjoy it after a spoiler, that means there was nothing substancial to enjoy in the first place.
Totally backwards tbh
Otherwise the plot device of "spoiling" the end of the story at the beginning wouldn't work at all
In Tangled, if I told you Flynn Rider dies you would freak out at me and say spoiler! But the very beginning of the film establishes his death as a major plot point already. So does that mean Tangled is a failed story with no substance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom