• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you choose your avatar?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
How do you go about choosing an avatar to use on these forums? Is there usually a meaning behind them, do you see your avatar as a representation of yourself or do you simply select it because you think it looks good?

Do you like to change your avatar often and how do you feel when others change theirs. Can it take a while adjusting to others avatar changes or even your own?

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I normally just choose an avatar from a piece of media I like (So, video game, anime, etc), with a specific character I like. Like my current Wolf Link one for example. I really enjoyed TP, and I liked the idea of Link turning into a wolf, so bang! I got an avatar. I actually used different variations of Creepers from Minecraft back on the IGN boards/blogs. I might end up getting active on the blogging part again, but I'm not sure.

So, yeah. No emotional context (Usually). No deep meanings. Just good old fashioned characters.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I absolutely hate it when people change their avatar. Especially if they have had it for a very long time *cough cough cough* Deus. Why did you do this to me. Not only with a name change, but an avi too.
Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
For Zelda Dungeon, I always use Zelda U avatars, because I am cool like this. I am also going to make the other users who bandwagon Zelda U look bad. I have been consistently using them.
However, for other sites, I like to make my own creations. Ah....
The ones I am most proud of is Ganinkling, and Ganondoll(this was back when the robots in Xenoblade X were called Dolls due to the JP version of the game)
Ganondoll.png
Ganondorf Inkling.png

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I absolutely hate it when people change their avatar. Especially if they have had it for a very long time *cough cough cough* Deus. Why did you do this to me. Not only with a name change, but an avi too.
Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
For Zelda Dungeon, I always use Zelda U avatars, because I am cool like this. I am also going to make the other users who bandwagon Zelda U look bad. I have been consistently using them.
However, for other sites, I like to make my own creations. Ah....
The ones I am most proud of is Ganinkling, and Ganondoll(this was back when the robots in Xenoblade X were called Dolls due to the JP version of the game)

I kindly changed the Avatar first for weeks in advance so when the name changed people would still recognise the Avatar.

This is because in the past people have done both at the same time and it has been difficult for me to adjust to them.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I kindly changed the Avatar first for weeks in advance so when the name changed people would still recognise the Avatar.

This is because in the past people have done both at the same time and it has been difficult for me to adjust to them.
I know that very well.
But be careful next time buster. You don't want me to send my Lozjammers off on you.

Reactions: Dio

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Basically, I kept getting attacked by staff members, most of whom are long gone now, notably Nicole, who felt that even mentioning I was an atheist, let alone saying why I was one, was incredibly offensive and that I should just shut up about it. This is long before I was outspoken about my critical, dismissive views of things like feminism and global warming. Which probably would have made it worse if I did, especially given the person I pointed out (any that remembers what she is like would see why). For a while my signature picture was a matching one that said "censored for your protection."

Reactions: Dio

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
My current avatar is just a selfie but other times it could just be a cool character that represents something I'm really into at the moment. Like if I'm anticipating the release of a new Zelda game for example, my avatar will probably be Zelda related until the next thing comes along.

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
What led you to select this one?
Well, I like Undertale, Napstablook is my second favorite character, and I guess his kinda shy personality reflects on my real life self. So that last part completely contradicts my first statement about how I don't see avatars as a reflection of myself, but you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom