• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did You First Get into the Zelda Games?

D

DarkLink51

When I was 8 my dad came home with ocarina of time one day and said he use to play the old one when he was little. Being 8 I wanted to be just like my dad so I played it... I got so hooked that i started to do the grunt sound link makes when playing on the play ground... Since then ive been playing LoZ series over and over:)

D

DarkLink51

When i was 8 my dad bought ocarina of time... he said he use to play the old one when he was little.. Being 8 i wanted to be like my dad so i played it.. I got addicted in minutes... i was so into the game that i started to do the link grunt sounds on the playground

@lex MM

The Lurker
One of my friends brought me a CD-ROM with old games.....It had emulators and games like Super Mario 64,Chrono Trigger....I was searching the Nintendo64 roms when I saw Majora's Mask.I played it and I thought it was like some demo games I was playing these days. Anyway,I took the ocarina and thought"Okay,I finished it"....I was very suprised when I saw Link, I said"What,it continues???" And then I got crazy with LOZ....

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
When I was about 13, I went to this day camp in the summer that had a huge list of activities you could choose from to make your own schedule. For all the non-athletic kids, or those that were just plain lazy, they had a video game room, chock full of old school consoles. :lol: (Awesome, I know. That place was great....)

Anyway, they had AlttP, mind you I had no idea about the series, yet I was drawn to it and played it every day. I never got very far though, since the activities were only about 40 minutes to an hour long each. Also, other kids could easily pick up the cartridge and erase your file and whatnot. Regardless, I was more than happy to run around without even knowing what to do and repeat the game if someone messed with my file.

Now that was my first taste. Fast forward to the 2007 holiday season. My dad gives me a "Wii voucher" in a greeting card. (meaning he stuck a little piece of paper in the card saying "good for one Wii in the future" :P ) Because they were so scare then, he ended up not being able to get one until that May. Little did I know that he got the bundle pack with the extra Wiimote and Twilight Princess. ;) Not having had a Zelda-esque thought in years, TP re-sparked my love and interest in the games. For me, AlttP was the "one that started it all" and TP was the catalyst that made me rediscover the series and buy a bunch more titles

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
I was around for the release of the original LoZ but never owned it. I did beat the first quest by borrowing it from a friend, though. Fast forward about twenty years. I got the Wii and started downloading some of the virtual console titles. I got LoZ again as well as OoT because I'd heard it was one of the best games. Apparently, it is possible to start with zero video game intuition because my struggles with OoT were amazingly bad. I got TP with some trepidation but was thankful to find out I had actually learned something despite my denseness, because it hooked me. (Then I replayed OoT again and it was also good, once I knew what to do. :) )

Vynn Sarr

Sith Lord
I remember I was about sevenish, and i was going on vacation to florida with my cousins. They had recently got some games to entertain themselves on the ride. these games were the two oracle games, and i found them very cool. after we got back I instantly got my mom to buy me a Zelda game off of E-Bay for the game boy color (the only system I had at the time). My mom got me Link's Awakening and I really loved it, and being new to the games I thought Zelda was the name of the hero and named myself that :). After a while I got more games and never got out of the series.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
for my 11th birthday i got phantom hourglass and pokemon pearl (thus starting my love for both series :D) but i didnt know the main character was a boy and named my self Hannah, it looked really ******** -.- and i also didnt know that it was a series. then when november last year rolled around and spirit tracks was released i was like 'oh they made a second zelda game? maybe ill get it!' then i finished that and i was messing around on the wii shop channel and saw OoT, MM, LoZ, LA and aLttP and i was like 'waaaaaa? they have MORE zeldas?' and i got OoT, and MM (both recently finished for the first time :D)
then my mum saw a copy of TP second hand at game and got it for me (hooray for my broken ds lite!) and i recently finished that and then the other day i got LoZ and AoL on the wii and i cant figure out what to do. OH WELL

13foxes

When I was 8, my dad downloaded a SNES emulator with a bunch of good games, included Alttp! At first, I intended to play it in my free time, but then I got addicted and spent about 5-6 hours per day on the computer :xd:

Then, I googled the game and found out there're MORE Zelda games. :D So, I downloaded OoT and MM, played them, and completely fell in love with the series.

O

OmarScofield

My brother used to play The Ocarina Of Time and I thought it was pretty interesting. Not knowing anything about the games series at this time, I was inspired by the games features and graphics so I gave it a go and enjoyed every bit of it! After completing Ocarina Of Time (the first Zelda game I ever played) I then went onto Majoras Mask which I also found very interesting. At this point of time, I became a huge fan of the game collecting Zelda stuff, watching online videos, joining forums with many other Zelda fans and playing previous versions of Zelda games.

I am now a hardcore Zelda fan and proud to be :) I've played all the main Zelda adventure games and I'm looking forward to the latest upcoming Zelda game for the Nintendo Wii sometime in 2010-2011.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
I got into the series because my friend had ALttP, and we played it all the time at his house, and right after we beat it OoT came out. I bought it, and I've loved the Zelda series since.

O

OmarScofield

Funny how one game can become so great and popular (and it has) :)

It's now my personal best game series I've played, not to mention Ocarina Of Time being my best game ever of all time!

L

Lucius6

About 6 ago I was curious about the series so I bought The Legend of Zelda collctors edition fort the Gamecube (LOZI; LOZII: TAOL, OOT and MM) with my Nintedo star points and since then I got really hooked up.

Xixor

Warrior of the Past
I was about six and I remember playing my friend's Oracle of Ages and another person's Oracle of Seasons as a very little kid, so new to Zelda that I actually named my character Zelda. Yah. I never beat the games, one being erased everytime it was saved and the other, well being someone else's.

Skip forward about five years. I was walking through the game section in Target where they let you play demos of games and I saw Phantom Hourglass. I thought oh, Zelda games are awesome! and went over to try it, but was disapointed by the stylus-only controls (I was used to using the D-pad). I didn't buy it and a few months later my uncle got it for me for Christmas. I was happy anyways. Beat it later that week. That same Christmas, we got a Wii. After wearing Wii Sports and Crash of the Titans out of their minds, I decided to get Twilight Princess cause it looked so freaken cool!!! But alas, I couldn't play my Wii for 3 weeks because our house was being painted. Finally I got to play it, and was pulled into Zelda.

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
Back in 07, I read the Phantom Hourglass review in Official Nintendo Magazine, so I thought it looked good and I bought it. THAT'S how I got into zelda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom