• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U How did Malo aquire the castle town branch?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You pay 2000 rupees to fund Malo and he takes over the Castle Town store.

But how? Malo likely cant afford some of the most expensive items in that store, how did he manage to get the store itself?

The store never made any money to stay open so had to sell? Not likely. There are some wealthy Hylians who can afford the items in the store. In hidden village there is wanted posters offering a quintillion rupee reward for catching the criminal on them. This reward could be from the royal family itself as they likely have huge amounts of rupees. But it just goes to show there is wealth out there and I dont think the store would have trouble selling its items.

My guess is that the rupees were used to hire thugs to threaten the family of the owner unless he sold over to Malo.

How do you think it was done?.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Same way it's always done and how Malo Mart works, undercuts prices and then buys the ruined business for cheaper, people likely heard he was coming to town and left chudleys place for his in Kakariko, that alone would be enough to buy the shop but Malo strikes me as the extortionist

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Same way it's always done and how Malo Mart works, undercuts prices and then buys the ruined business for cheaper, people likely heard he was coming to town and left chudleys place for his in Kakariko, that alone would be enough to buy the shop but Malo strikes me as the extortionist
This ^^
With the bridge being fixed, that gave people an easy way to be able to go to Kakariko. This made everyone go to Kakariko because of insanely low prices. This drove Chudley's out of business, allowing Malo to easily buy the place for a small amount. Thus Malo's monopoly took Hyrule by stirk. Plunging Hyrule into an economic crisis 200 years later.

How old even is Malo? That kid is incredible. He managed to drive out the owner of a high class store in castle town and establish a business in the once-overpriced shop. Wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom