• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Did Link Get Out Of Termina With Epona?

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I know this is a small detail, but I've just always thought about it. Anyway, at the very end of the game we see Link riding in the forest wich looks to be the same one as the one that Link rides through in the very begining. If He is riding through the same forest, he would have to have gone through the same way he got to Termina. If I was Link, I'd be having a hard time getting through the "portal" with Epona. There are ledges you have to jump to that are too far apart for Epona to cross. There is even that one long wall that Link falls down after Skull Kid takes Epona from Link. I'm guessing Skull Kid used magic, but Link doesn't have that type of magic. I don't even think a hook shot could get him up that wall. It's possible there's another way,but how and where is the other portal?

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I personally think that the HMS helped him. Because honestly, the HMS knows enough for that to work out anyway, so I don't see why he couldn't help Link. It could also be that the giants helped out a bit, because they are majorly skilled.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I personally think that the HMS helped him. Because honestly, the HMS knows enough for that to work out anyway, so I don't see why he couldn't help Link. It could also be that the giants helped out a bit, because they are majorly skilled.

True, He could have just appeared there with the help of the Giants "magic" or strength.

OotLord1003

Young Link
well....the same way he gets out of a hole in the game, he stands there and flies to the top. Then...well, he could just call epona and she would re-appear. He probably couldn't go to the top when he was a deku because the he spirit wasen't pure yet. He probably had to be his former self to go to the top.

Or, because the evil leaves the mask at the end of the game, maybe the hole isn't there...or the power of the mask kept him from going back up. I don't quite know, but those are some explanations.

I think the 4 God must have helped him. Or, he just kept walking and never got out and died in the forest.....????

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Me and Anti-Hero got in discussion about HMS(Happy Mask Salesman) he theories that HMS can teleport(which I agree with in case 'e reads this) Maybe HMS can teleport not only himself but others with if not the HMS then I think the 4 Giants had a role in that.

well....mabye one of those blue portal crystal thingys that teleport him out of dungeons was created by the giants so that link (and Epona) can leave

I do Think he warped with one of the songs just because he was Lazy. How big is the lost woods anyway???? Maybe he just went back on the path he came from

TheHeroOfLime

Excelling in Mediocrity
If I was Link, I'd be having a hard time getting through the "portal" with Epona. There are ledges you have to jump to that are too far apart for Epona to cross.

If Epona can jump Gerudo Valley, I think she can jump a little ledge in the forest. That being said, who ever says he makes his way back to Hyrule? Maybe the Lost Woods are just so magical and mysterious that he couldn't find a way back? We never will know really. ( That is unless Nintendo makes another game with masks after the events of MM.:) )

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I do Think he warped with one of the songs just because he was Lazy. How big is the lost woods anyway???? Maybe he just went back on the path he came from
I don't think you understand. For Link and Epona to go the way they came they would have to climb up a thousand foot hill at a 90 degree angle and hop over bottomless pits. It's not just about the Lost Woods being big.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
In my earlier timelines, I thought that Link went by boat, which set up Link's Awakening. Now I realize that this isn't true, but he still could've returned by boat. As for Epona, maybe it was a barge...

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
Technically, there are no games that feature the Hero of Time after Majora's Mask, so it's pretty much fair game to determine what happens. Remember, at this point, he has already become a legend, shattered the Triforce of Courage, then left to find his friend that we all don't know of, after which he ended up in Termina.

At this point, we aren't even certain that he even went back to Hyrule. For all we know, he could've stayed in Termina or, as TheHeroOfLime said, perhaps he tried to find a path in the Lost Woods. I'm pretty sure if Skull Kid in a non-possessed form can go back and forth from Hyrule to Termina, I'm pretty sure Link could do it as well. He's got the hookshot, he's got Epona, and Skull Kid (in a non possessed form) was able to go back and forth.

Rytex, there was no way any means of boat could happen, so I agree with you there. Termina is a whole, separate dimension, and the portal to both is in the Lost Woods. It's pretty much been confirmed that Link's Awakening happens after A Link to the Past, which takes place hundreds of years after Majora's Mask. So, if Link did indeed return to Hyrule in midst of war, then he most likely did it however Skull Kid did it, which I'm not sure.

Djinn

and Tonic
Well throughout OoT you find these little underground secret areas that contain treasure, Deku Scrubs, rupees, etc. But each time you wish to leave Link just has to stand in the pillar of light shining down from the hole he fell down in. Anyway, I assumed some sort of magic was at work each time he did this as he just seemed to "float" right back up to the top. The portal to Termina could work the very same way. It looked to be very similar only it was a much deeper hole.

In fact the portal going straight down into a hole through magical means reminds me of the Cave of Ordeals. It could be possible that the Cave and the portal to Termina are made with similar magics and can allow someone to essentially port back up if they wished. Besides the Happy Mask Salesman and the Skull Kid seem to be capable of moving back and forth between Termina and Hyrule. So it must be possible.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
That's a good point. No one's ever mentioned that to me before, but still, it's a great question. I would have thought that he would have been shot into Outer Space with the moon. But if he could endure everything that happened throughout the game, I'd think that he'd be able to find a way to get off of the moon, which was about 20 feet off the ground. And I've made him fall from worse. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom