• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Horse Health?

Has anyone figured out how horse health works in the game yet? The possibilities I've thought of so far is they heal naturally over time, they heal when boarded, heal when fed apples and other objects (with the love effect going even though their companionship is at max), or they don't heal at all. Obviously the last one is the most nerve wracking as it would suck if they have a limited amount of hits they can take like the weapons do. I've done two test kills on freshly caught horses that have not been registered (which killed me a little on the inside) and they had a surprisingly low amount of health.

Okay, I've done some experiments. Horses do fully heal when boarded at a stable (thank goodness). They do not heal from being fed and it appears they do not heal overtime. The amount of stars in their Strength section is their health potential. My three star horse could take 11 hits from 14 powered weapon while my four star horse could take 17 hits. Strength may also contribute to how much damage a speeding horse can dish out to an enemy, but I haven't tested this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom