• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Horror

This thread may include content that may scare you, but given that there's not a lot of controversy/depth to this matter, I have chosen not to post this in the Mature Discussion section.

I'm currently trying to write a truly horrifying story right now, and I want to know about what people other than myself are afraid of. If it gets too personal, don't post it for two reasons.
1. It'll get too specific, and I/any other authors viewing this may have difficulty incorporating it into a story.
2. Chances are, personal fears are disturbing to other people, or they may cause you to become ridiculed.

When posting, here are some ideas about what fears you/what you think other people might have.
What would I be horrified to see, but not want to look away from?
What would I be scared to take part in?
How do I not want to die?
What book/movies scare me and why? (Don't write a 5-page essay on that why part, but at least explain it a bit)

arkvoodle

Diabolical
What would I be horrified to see, but not want to look away from?

Someone who has been cut in half, with half of their organs exposed. I could help but examine the situation. I'd be horrified and have a sick sort of interest at the same time.

What would I be scared to take part in?

Skydiving. But I plan to do it in the future, so I can prove to myself that there's nothing to be afraid of.

How do I not want to die?

From Cancer or a different disease. Worst way to go. Slowly and painfully.
But my ideal death would take a couple of seconds. Maybe stabbed through the chest or just die of natural causes.

What book/movies scare me and why?

Although it would take a very powerful book to even creep me out, I get quite scared of randomly appearing images. Like in videos that are calm and monotonous then BANG! A screaming horific image appears on screen.

From Cancer or a different disease. Worst way to go. Slowly and painfully.
But my ideal death would take a couple of seconds. Maybe stabbed through the chest or just die of natural causes.

Ah, but supposing you had been stabbed, but not completely skewed. Then, you would have to die of bloodloss. Is that not a scary thought?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Well, for me, something that I wouldn't be able to bare would be my friends or family being tortured or murdered. It would be the most painful thing in my life, I've dreamed it before, worst nightmare ever.

I would be scared to take part in anything in a small enclosed space or darkness. I am claustrophobic and really scared of the dark so caves or dungeons make me pass out in fear. Panic attacks, not nice.

I do not want to die of cancer or disease like ark, slow and painful and even being told you are going to die is awful, I would also hate to drown.

No movies or books really scare me...yet.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Ah, but supposing you had been stabbed, but not completely skewed. Then, you would have to die of bloodloss. Is that not a scary thought?

Ah. In that case yes. It would be completely terrifying. But I would prefer a complete skewer or directly through the heart. Only takes a couple of seconds for the blood to stop pumping.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
1. Nothing I can think of would be horrifying but not too much for me to watch.
2. This is a pretty big list. Flying, anything illegal, war, climbing, speaking to a large audience, and well, just putting myself in harms way basically. (I'm such a crybaby)
3. Quick, painless and by natural causes is the way I'd like to die. Suicide, drowning and murder are the least favorable.
4. Any horror movie is enough for me so I just don't watch them.
Like in videos that are calm and monotonous then BANG! A screaming horific image appears on screen.
I hate those too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom