• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hopes For Pokémon Legends Z-A

The other day for Pokémon Day, Pokémon Legends Z-A was announced as a Switch release for 2025.

What are your hopes for this game to improve on Legends Arceus and for what you want to get out of Kalos as a region?

Obviously a story focusing on Zygarde is a must. It was so neglected in X and Y, and the Zygarde quest in Sun and Moom felt very tacked on.

Adding local and online battles would also increase the game's longevity compared to Legends Arceus.

I hope we see more mega evolutions, including the scrapped Mega Flygon.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't really care about megas or zygarde. Story-wise, I want ancient weapon lore. Arceus didn't beat around the bush when discussing death in the time before humans and pokemon understood each other, so I hope they don't wiggle out of a proper conveying of the fallout of the war. Personally I would have liked to see the war itself play out... but this still has potential.

Content-wise... I loved arceus's checklist format. It was very open ended even in a linear story and progression. I'd like more of that. I'd like to see the same systems from arceus polished up more. Give me furret and keep every mon that was in arceus, and give me better character customization. Above all else, give me a reason to care about pokemon again.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I just want it to be better. I know that’s kind of a vague answer but I’m not sure how else to put it. The first game was a really good start, but it needed a lot more polish. The pacing was probably my biggest issue with it, but the battle system also could have used a little more depth.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Well, I'd like the game to get more time in the oven. The Switch Pokemon games have made a good case for why these games being an annual franchise is not a good idea. Absolute technical ****ery of stuff like Scarlet/Violet and Sword/Shield is 90% of the reason I skipped those games. There's no reason a mainline system title should look and run that terribly. They're barely scraping Wii graphics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom