• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Hopes and Expectations for Mario Kart Tour

Mario Kart Tour is the upcoming mobile Mario Kart game that's supposed to release by the end of this quarter. We have yet to hear anything about it, so I thought we'd share some thoughts on what we want and/or expect.

I think giving one cup as a free to play is a good starting point. The rest can be priced at maybe $1 a piece.

I fully expect tilt controls in this game. You can drive with your finger or tilt your phone to turn.

First person racing from Mario Kart 7 should make a return. It makes sense with a portable device to steer with.

I hope Nintendo experiments with the roster a bit more. Throw in some Captain Falcon or Kirby for a non-Mario rep and maybe some more oddball Mario choices like Professor E. Gadd.

The "tour" moniker implies some kind of trip around the world. I hope we get some race tracks based on kingdoms from Super Mario Odyssey.

So what are your wishes and thoughts on how it will turn out?

I have no hopes or wishes for it because i dont care.

I'm expecting something really gimmicky. Like an AR where you're in first person and walking adds to a collected distance as if you're 'touring' and you get rewards based on distance travelled.

I dunno, somethibng gimmicky like that. Im not expecting an actual game.

Like all free to play games it will cater to the whales. Trying to suck as much money out of the whales as possible. Anyone else? They don't care about you as you are not the target audience of free to play games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom