• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

History of the Oocca's

Z

zeldamasterswor

In Twilight Princess (happy memories:D), it says that somwhere along the Zelda Timeline, the Hylians where created by the Oocca's. If so, then who created the Oocca's and when:thinking:? Have a think, then post your thoughts here. Discuss

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
I think the goddesses have created the Ooccaa after creating the kingdom known as Hyrule. But the Ooccaa are a kind of chicken race so I don't think they could stand in a world overrun by enemys. So they created the Hylians and moved to the (save) sky

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
If you played Ocarina of Time, in the scene where the Deku Tree tells Link of Hyrule's creation story and the legend of the Triforce, he talks about the creation of Hyrule.

Din created the land that all creatures live on, Faroce created the law of the land, and Nayru created the creatures that would uphold the law. If it is true that the Oocca created Hylians, then the goddesses would have to have created the Oocca, yet not have created the Hylians. However, it is never said anywhere in the scene that the Hylians were specifically created by Nayru, so it could be more than possible that Hylians were created a long while after the Oocca were created.

Steve

5/19/13
That's actually mistranslated dialogue, from the original Japanese text, which states that it was Hyrule that they created, not the Hylians. Obviously this contradicts the backstory of Ocarina of Time, when taken literally, so considering their advanced technology and thinking, perhaps they meant it in a less fundamental way. By the creation of Hyrule, it is possible that they simply mean the Hyrule we see today: the architecture, technology, etc.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
My interpretation of the creation myths goes as follows. The goddesses shaped the physical land (Din), laws of nature (Nayru), and the life forms that inhabit it (Farore). Such life forms included all of the various races we see in the games, Hylians and Oocca included. As Steve pointed out, the original wording was that the Oocca created Hyrule, not the Hylians themselves.

The Oocca are also said to be, among all the races, the closest connected to the goddesses. Since the Oocca clearly seem to have a great skill in technology, just look at the City in the Sky, it is likely that the Oocca passed down some of their skills to the Hylians, who's royal family was able to communicate with them with assistance from the Dominion Rod. Look inside TP's Temple of Time, it's fairly advanced technologically, with the great elevators and electrical gates and whatnot. The Oocca didn't physically shape the land that is Hyrule, that was Din's doing. What I think the Oocca did was assist in the development of Hyrule as a kingdom by giving the technology needed to build the kingdom to the Hylians. After all, Hyrule is comprised of many races, yet the Hylians are in charge, and this may well be due to assistance from the Oocca.

I hope I got my facts straight here... >_>

T

Twilight_Prince

i think that everything started with the 3 goddesses, the Oocca were created by them. the OOcca then created Hylians as a first line of defense in case someone wanted to invade the city in the sky. the Oocca allowed a select few hylians to live in the city in the sky, this is why link from SS is from skyworld. but eventually the people from skyworld died off or moved to hyrule (possibly adapting to their enviornment, the kokiri in the forest, the gorons in the mountains, or the zora in the water, depending on where they chose to be. the zora eventually becoming the winged ruto.

Z

zeldamasterswor

I think the goddesses have created the Ooccaa after creating the kingdom known as Hyrule. But the Ooccaa are a kind of chicken race so I don't think they could stand in a world overrun by enemys. So they created the Hylians and moved to the (save) sky

Didn't Shaad say something along the lines of:"The Hylians long ago created Hyrule, but, they say that even before then, a race of sky people called the Ooccaa's created the Hylians." He did say that, didn't he?

If he did say that, then the Gods can't have created Hyrule.

Diablo

King of Redeads
Maybe the goddesses created the Oocca's for the purpose of helping the goddesses create the Hylians. Since the god's were so busy creating everything so they created a species that that primary focus was to be smart enough to create the Hylians possibly through magic.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Didn't Shaad say something along the lines of:"The Hylians long ago created Hyrule, but, they say that even before then, a race of sky people called the Ooccaa's created the Hylians." He did say that, didn't he?

If he did say that, then the Gods can't have created Hyrule.

I think you are right, but in TP they sayd the goddesses created Hyrule. But I think they ment the goddesses created the "world" and the ooccaa, the ooccaa created the Hylians, and the Hylians created a kingdom known as Hyrule

Okay, I did not read most of this thread, so do not flame me for restating stuff. The Oocca are a species suppirior to that of the Hylians. They created all of Hyrule the Kindom. (Japanease Version Statment.) But, it was mistranslated into they created the Hylians, which completly chaged everything. One word is different and all of a sudden the world goes crazy! When the Oocca found out the Hylians were born by creation of Farore (dirrectly stated in OoT), the Oocca disended to the city in the sky, but that does not mean the City in the Sky is Skyloft nor does it mean they created/have anything to do with the Hylians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom