• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hero Quest, Made Differently

I have a really cool idea that I want to share. Maybe once you beat skyward sword, in hero quest, instead of being Link, you should take on the story and game from Zelda's point of view! It would be awesome, and you would be able to go through the hardships/locations hat she and Impa went through, and instead of Fi, Impa would talk to you every once in a while! I think this would be great and add an exra 40 hours of gameplay, maybe even add upgrades for zelda! But mostly I don't really play hero quest that much at all.. What do you guys think? :)

Deeds

no text
I have a really cool idea that I want to share. Maybe once you beat skyward sword, in hero quest, instead of being Link, you should take on the story and game from Zelda's point of view! It would be awesome, and you would be able to go through the hardships/locations hat she and Impa went through, and instead of Fi, Impa would talk to you every once in a while! I think this would be great and add an exra 40 hours of gameplay, maybe even add upgrades for zelda! But mostly I don't really play hero quest that much at all.. What do you guys think? :)
That would be fun, but that's like saying, instead of having a 3 Dimensional Zelda why don't we have a 4 Dimensional zelda and have things jumping out of the screen at us... In other words it would be great but it's a lot of effort and would take ages to animate, script etc, all that work would only go to people who complete it as well... hmm.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
seeing as zelda doesn't have any combat abilities and has to rely on Impa for protecion, being Zelda would be a bit boring. Being Impa and having to protect Zelda would be good, that way there would be action and we'd get to see what happened to Zelda. though the credits do give a good interptitation

shaymin1

Derp.
seeing as zelda doesn't have any combat abilities and has to rely on Impa for protecion, being Zelda would be a bit boring. Being Impa and having to protect Zelda would be good, that way there would be action and we'd get to see what happened to Zelda. though the credits do give a good interptitation
Exactly.
All you would do is run around and make Impa do your stuff.

It would be the same thing as Link taking a nap while Fi defeats the final boss. =\

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
That would be fun, but that's like saying, instead of having a 3 Dimensional Zelda why don't we have a 4 Dimensional zelda and have things jumping out of the screen at us... In other words it would be great but it's a lot of effort and would take ages to animate, script etc, all that work would only go to people who complete it as well... hmm.

Yeah like fire alls getting launched at us!And boomerangs and sword slashes at the screen create fake smashes! :D Cool,no? And baba serpents neck get quite long and scratches would appear on the screen(Not really) Who can imagine this?

I understand the idea that since Zelda doesn't have any combat capabilities, she would be difficult to have as a playable character, but I agree with Brad64 that it would be super cool to get the same story from a different side! I loved how, during the game, Impa would say things to Zelda like "remember what we discussed" and I would always think "what did you discuss?" It really gave me a sense that there were other parts to this quest than just my own. It made the whole world, plot and game seem even bigger! I was really happy at the end when we got to see a bit of what Zelda went through. :)

Zelda and Link spend so long apart that it would almost be a completely different story in a way! Perhaps if the gameplay were to work out, it would be more puzzles in the way that Link and Kafei were interchangeable during Majora's Mask... perhaps Zelda could be used to solve more of the difficult logic puzzles and you could somehow switch with Impa for combat. That would be really interesting, but also challenging because you'd have to work with two playable characters instead of one!

Nice idea, Brad64!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What you suggest, Brad64, is what Nintendo should've done in the first place. Sure, it'd take time to create [iirc Nintendo had a deadline date of BEFORE Christmas], but the end result I think would've been ten thousand times better than the Hero Mode that we have in this time. Animations for Zelda would have to be made, but who's to say that Nintendo can't just do a slight copypasta? We could always see the Princess' side of the combat spectrum, amirite?
What people seem to be asking from hero mode is for an entirely new game and that just isn't possible.
Wrongity wrong wrong. An entirely new game is in fact possible. We see it in many a game; for example, go play Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (or even just CoM for GBA). We get two modes – one we play as Sora and experience his side of the story, and the other we play as Riku and experience his side of the story. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep; we play as Terra, Aqua and Ventus each having a completely different story though their goal is generally the same. Those games are, I believe, on smaller media [as far as space goes] than that of the Wii Optical Disc, yet we get two 'games' out of the PS2 game Re:CoM and three 'games out of the PSP game BBS. Zelda definitely can give us a new 'game'.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
We already knew that. We want more, which is why we're hypothesizing what Nintendo *could have* done with the mode itself. In KHBBS, you really don't need to play through each characters' story – you can experience the game through one character's eyes or through all three. In KHRe:CoM, it's the same way. Zelda could do something similar; we would have the default mode where we do the usually Linky stuff (safe, event, dungeons, twist, moar dungeons, final boss, victory) and then we could unlock the "extra" mode that adds in extra plot details that aren't crucial to the storyline, but are nice to know and do put extra skin on the product as it is because we get replayability as well as the storyline from another character's POV.

Add more time, and tada you get two modes in the same package. I don't see what the big issue is about time "restraints"? The game would be released later, that's a given. Who really cares? You can wait another month or two for polishing – that's what happens whenever a game sees localization. The game is already *finished*, it just needs the touchups here and there.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
from reading the posts it seems as though people want 1 twice because other games have done 1/2 and then done 1/2 again in an extra mode. SS is a 1 so expecting a 1 again is not possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom