• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hero Mode/Second Quest

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
I just wanted to ask everyone if they usually do Hero Mode, Second Quest, or Master Quest if it is offered in a Zelda game.

With the exception of Ocarina of Time, A Link Between Worlds, and Breath of the Wild, I usually do not start any new game+ mode right away, but I hold onto the Zelda games I have beaten in case I ever feel like playing them again. I am actually trying to figure out whether I should play Link's Awakening on Hero Mode.

From what I have heard, Second Quest/Hero Mode is not that different from a regular game with the exception of OOT and the original LoZ. It is basically the same game with the same level design, but you take more damage.

So what do you all do? Do you usually play hero mode/second quest after beating the main game, do you give it some time before you come back to the game, or do you just skip any extra modes?

MW7

I think I almost always have. I love when there is substantially different content in a second playthrough like Legend of Zelda 2nd quest or Ocarina of Time Master Quest. For games with very little changed it is mostly disappointing, but I will play it anyway. I did always find double damage to be actually challenging in the first dungeon when it exists, and then you almost forget about it once you have more health (unless you are purposefully completing the game with as few hearts as possible).

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I don't know if I'd count master quest in the same way as a second quest/hero mode

actually even a second quest has more substantial changes than a hero mode, and for that matter, hero mode in wind waker hd can be toggled on and off at any time

I'm getting too technical I know, anyway zelda 1 is only one where I have yet to finish the second campaign, all the other zelda games I own I have

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I usually don't try for the harder difficulties. To me that's just less fun, plus I already beat the game there's no need for me to play it again except hey, now it's more annoying. I also figure that if given a choice Link would probably opt not to have more difficult enemies just for funs sake. Some people enjoy the extra challenge, I just play for the story and to have a good time.
(Also this response totally has nothing to do with the fact that I tried the oot 3d master quest, got horribly lost, died a billion times, and never made it to the Queen Gohma. Deeefinatly does not factor into this opinion at all.)

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Kind of depends on the game. I remember playing through and enjoying Wind Waker's second quest for the little extra lore nods you get from being able to understand the Hylian language. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I found the regenerating health of enemies in Breath of the Wild's hero mode made fights tedious.

Also, they charged money for a difficulty setting in Breath of the Wild, and **** them for doing that.

I got a lot done on Master Mode in BOTW. I’m currently doing Hero Mode on the LA remake.

In BOTW 2, Master Mode should be unlockable, since the original had little to no endgame rewards, it would be a good signal to the older games where it was unlockable.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Kind of depends on the game. I remember playing through and enjoying Wind Waker's second quest for the little extra lore nods you get from being able to understand the Hylian language. On the opposite end of the spectrum, I found the regenerating health of enemies in Breath of the Wild's hero mode made fights tedious.

Also, they charged money for a difficulty setting in Breath of the Wild, and **** them for doing that.
At least it was stapled onto content that was meatier than most of the base game
I also thought the regenerating health was way more fun than just double hp. It makes it very hard to clear trial of the sword, I've only made it to the silver lizalfos level before running out of damage
Yes this is me complimenting botw no it will not happen again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom