• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Here's Something I Don't Get

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Here's something I don't understand. Zelda is probably the best representation of a pure Hylian. She holds the sacred light power in her body as well as the triforce of Wisedom in some games. Yet (possible spoiler) in both TP and ST, she is possessed by the villain perfectly. Normally darkness and light, good and evil, whatever Zelda represents and whatever Ganondorf represents, etc... don't mix well. I would think that the light power inside Zelda would repel evil on its own. Why is it that Zelda is so easily possessable? (not a word) In ST, it's even true that she is the only one who can be successfully possessed by Maledus. I realize there may be no real answer to this, but still... it's worth thinking about.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
Ah, like how you're not supposed to mix very hoy with very cold. I have no clue, it's possible that light and darkness/ good and evil don't work quite the same way. Maybe it's like positive energy vs negitive energy. Every unit of positive energy within Zelda's body countered one equal unit of negitive energy in Ganondorf/Mallus' body, but the negitive energy in the villian's body was more than the positive energy in Zelda, thus allowing them to possess her. You could also give the answer "Video game logic".

SuperGanondorf

Ballos's Minion
Well, here's a possible explanation: The light is in Zelda's soul, not her body. Her body is the perfect vessel for supreme power. Normally her soul would block evil from inhabiting her body, but if that were sealed away by darkness, then the villain could take over. Notice that in TP Ganon was beaten and left, most likely because he was now too weak to maintain his hold over the sealed part of Zelda's soul. And the explanation meshes perfectly with ST's plotline, since Zelda is separated from her body completely.

Mind you, it's just a theory, but I'd say it works pretty well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom