• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Help! Can't stand the heat, event though i have drunk the fireproof elixir

Help! Can't stand the heat, event though i have drunk the fireproof elixir
It Works fine untill i cross the bridge og eldin and then my health gets eaten Up..
It was the same when i whent to save yunobo.
Any input is welcome. Thanks:)

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
At the Goron Settlement you can buy fireproof gear. Buy the whole set. From then on, if you are wearing the set you cannot take damage from the extreme heat, although it does not work on the desert heat, as that is a different kind of heat

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Yeah, I think that because those areas are hotter, you need more protection. You don't need the whole set of fireproof armor to survive, but you do need to have at least two pieces of armor.

There are two levels I think. One gives normal fireproof and another gives high. Really wish they just made it Heat resistance instead. Cold and Heat to my knowledge has THREE levels attached to it.

The armor has two different abilities...
Flame Guard is the standard ability that protects you from the heat of flames/lava... each piece of Flamebreaker armor provides one level of this out of a maximum of two.
Fireproof is the ability that is granted by the full set once it's been upgraded... this prevents you from taking fire damage from direct contact with flames (but not lava).

Fireproof Elixer is actually a bit deceptive, as it does not grant the Fireproof ability... it instead grants the Flame Guard ability... likely an oversight during localisation.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
There are two levels I think. One gives normal fireproof and another gives high. Really wish they just made it Heat resistance instead. Cold and Heat to my knowledge has THREE levels attached to it.
Cold and Heat also only have two levels in the environment. The only snowy area in the game that needs only one level of cold resistance is Mount Hylia on the great plateau.

As far as fireproof goes, you can't get level 2 from elixirs. At least, I've never been able to make an elixir with level 2 protection. I can make ones that last 12-20 minutes, but not with level 2. So you can make due with one piece of armor, as long as you have a bunch of elixirs on hand.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
You need level 2 fire protection to traverse death mountain freely, which is only gotten via flamebreaker armor, however level 1 will take you to the mines if you follow it from the death mountain tower, in addition theres a fellow in the stables near said tower who sells the potions, collect the flameproof lizards you see (10 of them) and you will meet someone who will trade you a piece of flame breaker armor for 10 lizards, this and the potion should give you enough protection to reach goron city and buy the other 2 pieces of armor in the armor shop.

Cold and Heat also only have two levels in the environment. The only snowy area in the game that needs only one level of cold resistance is Mount Hylia on the great plateau.

As far as fireproof goes, you can't get level 2 from elixirs. At least, I've never been able to make an elixir with level 2 protection. I can make ones that last 12-20 minutes, but not with level 2. So you can make due with one piece of armor, as long as you have a bunch of elixirs on hand.

I am pretty damn sure I have made food/elixirs that has three different descriptions of protections on them. However the medium protection and high protection both ony have two snow flakes next too it.

As for Fireproof, I think you can still make them level 2 but it requires 4 smothering butterflies.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I am pretty damn sure I have made food/elixirs that has three different descriptions of protections on them. However the medium protection and high protection both ony have two snow flakes next too it.

As for Fireproof, I think you can still make them level 2 but it requires 4 smothering butterflies.
I've used 4 and still only got level 1. More of them just increase the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom