• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hearts

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Building off what Axle said, the Heart Container we saw in the Ghirahim demo video didn't look stretched out like it did in TP. The Pieces and Containers looked like they did because of the fact that the number was 5. Just looking at that Heart Container in the video assures me that it's going back to 4 again. (On a side-note, I kind of liked having to collect 5 Pieces. There was more to find.)
actually JuicieJ, there wasn't more to find. see, the reason they did 5 heart pieces to a container is because there are so many bosses and you get so many Heart Containers (you end up with 11 hearts, the 3 you start with, and the 8 from the bosses), they wanted to have the same amount of exploration OoT had... so, to be able to fit 45 pieces into 9 hearts, they needed to divvy it up equally into 5 pieces=1 container.

anyway, back to the topic at hand, it would depend on how long the game is. if the game had lots of bosses and dungeons like TP, 5 would only make sense. but the traditional 4 heart pieces really does make a little more sense... so i guess we'll have to wait and see... ^^

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
actually JuicieJ, there wasn't more to find. see, the reason they did 5 heart pieces to a container is because there are so many bosses and you get so many Heart Containers (you end up with 11 hearts, the 3 you start with, and the 8 from the bosses), they wanted to have the same amount of exploration OoT had... so, to be able to fit 45 pieces into 9 hearts, they needed to divvy it up equally into 5 pieces=1 container.

I thought there were the same amount of dungeons for both OoT and TP? :S

I say 5 pieces so that it's harder to get a heart container from the pieces and more exploring to find them.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I thought there were the same amount of dungeons for both OoT and TP? :S

I say 5 pieces so that it's harder to get a heart container from the pieces and more exploring to find them.
yeah. you're right... but there was more to collect in OoT then TP, so that's why they did 5 pieces for 1 container... more exploration...

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Well, I've played through almost all the zelda games (almost dome with ocarina of time 3d) and i prefer needing five heart peices, like in twilight princess, that let me do stuff other than finish the gerudo desert temple (can't think of the name) and although many of the ideas above are quite factual, they should just go with the original zelda formula, collect 4(or 5) heart peices to make a whole

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom