• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Cried for the Loss of a Pet/animal?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I have, and on several occasions. It's too sad for me to relate all my experiences, but I have cried for the loss of a pet/animal before.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No. I've never cared to cry for the loss of an animal; I haven't been emotionally attached to an animal before. I don't think I'll ever cry due to the death of an animal - some may call this hard-heartedness of me, but I do not believe that a pet warrants tears. Some deaths are tragic and I give my sympathies to all, but I do not feel connected to an animal the same way I do a human. There are just some barriers between, say, my pet turtle and I.

Yes, almost every time. My family and I treat pets not as simple animals, but as family members, letting them on furniture and occasionally giving them "people food". I personally consider my pets as tiny, oddly shaped humans, each with their own personalities and emotions. Several years ago, I lost a dog that had been a part of my life since the day I was born and became downright depressed for the following months. Having such a large part of my life suddenly gone was a lot to deal with.
We had to put my cat down today and I'm still crying.
My condolences, Pancake. I know how hard something like that is.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I cried for the loss of my baby rabbits when they died on Wednesday. I look outside to see their grave when I pass by, and think about them often. I cried over two of my pet fish. So yeah, I cry when my pets die, and I also cry when I think of my pet dying. I'm gratefull that my rabbit lived the surgery, else I'd be more sad for his death than any of my other departed pets.

@Ven: Dude, are you a psychopath? [JK]

Anywho, yes... I once had two tortoises, both of whom ran away (yes, ran away) and were later found dead—flatten to death by some sort of heavy weight, possibly a motor vehicle, seeing as they were found in the street. For clarity, I owned them at different times, not together; just so happened that both of them died in the exact same way. I was about nine years old during those times, and I cried a river as long as the Nile...

Humans often become attached to persons, places, or things that make them feel good. Such things include inanimate objects—such as cars or videogames; and animals—such as my tortoises. The stronger the good feelings, the stronger the bond. This bond can be so strong that losing the source "good feelings" can cause one to become sad or depressed... or even cry. This is usually what happens when one loses a pet; the person becomes saddened, because their "friend" and source of "good feelings" has perished. Perfectly normal human stuff...

Not sure if I'd cry as an adult if I lost a pet, though, but I'd likely be very saddened by it (it just wouldn't show on my face)...

#EmotionlessFace :mellow:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
@Ven: Dude, are you a psychopath? [JK]
I know you said JK but allow me to explain myself a bit more...hopefully this comes out the right way.

For me to personally cry about an event, I have to feel attached (connected) to it in a deep manner. Examples could be like spending a lot of enhanced time with my lil bro and his subsequently getting his hand broken; my hanging out day in and day out with friends and their getting arrested by the timeroles and dem police's waitin' outside [it don't make me no difference]; other types of events like that. In general, these events involve the other party reciprocating things to me in a language I can understand (i.e. English). Otherwise, it would be something like a video game in that, sure, I spent a bit of time on it but in the end, we're different things. Eh...I don't think that came out right.

Point is, I don't feel attached to animals in the same way I do the humans. :(

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Yes, I cried so hard because the loss of my rabbits. I wanted to bathe them but all of them jumped and eventually my dad accidentely stepped them.. and then the rabbits bled and.. they died..

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Yes, I cried when my cat Gemma died. She was 18 (human years) old, I was only 14. She had been a part of my family since she was born and was like my parents oldest child in a way. She was pretty healthy for an 18 year old cat, she was attacked by two dogs while she was minding her own business. I've never been more upset about anything else.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I remember crying when my pet hamster died, despite us only having him for a short while. I was the one who found him dead in his cage :( And I cried when my aunt and uncle had to put their dog down, cause I found the whole thing beyond sad (the dog deeply distrusted humans that weren't my aunt, uncle and cousins due to some kids once throwing rocks at her). Don't remember if I cried when our pet budgie died, but I think I had known it would happen soon due to his very old age that I think I had made peace with it long before he actually went.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Yes...when it comes to dogs and other pets like that I cry because I'm a affectionate person towards animals but when it comes to cats,(cuz I got a soft spot for them) I start crying oceans for them.

bunny

birb overlord
Yea, I cried so much when my pet guinea pig died... The pet store sold her to us while she was sick, but we couldn't tell because guinea pigs try to hide their sickness. A few days before she died we noticed she was acting weird. Her illness was making her weaker and weaker... I was just a little girl, so I didn't know what to do, but I stayed by her cage all day. I didn't want to leave her to sleep, but I decided I would... When I woke up... she wasn't in her cage anymore, and I saw my mom crying. She had passed away in her sleep. Her sister was wandering the cage trying to find her; she knew something wasn't right. She was a really, really sweet guinea pig... I'll never forget her. R.I.P. Teyla. <3

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I always cry when I lose a pet. I get very emotionally attached to animals and they tend to like me a lot. I lost my dog, Sadie, back in July and I'm still really upset about it and I still cry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom