• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever "Caught Them All"

Have You Ever Captured/ Recorde Them All?

I know this post used to exist but it somehow vanished. So with the coming of Meloetta to the States i figured now would be a good time to reissue the question again.

So have you ever captured/ recorded all the pokemon in the pokedex in ANY given generation?

Me i just did (woot!) with Meloetta so now i am ready for x y lol.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Not really. Must be fascinating to have or recorded them all. I have not or will not ever capture/record them all. I don't think if I can do it. I think Pokemon Sapphire was the only game that I have almost record them all.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
hahaha-no.jpg

Yeah no. Never really can, usually due to hardware.focus issues. However, once I got enough pokemon in Emerald to get a Cyndaquil!

Snoober

P O K E M O N M A S T E R
I recently caught them all on Black 2. I started on Diamond so many years ago using the global trade. I soon completed the Sinnoh Pokedex on it and traded them to Platinum. Then almost completed the Johto Pokedex on Soul Silver. Then traded them to Black. Then traded them to Black 2. I got every event Pokemon from Gamestop and Wi-fi EXCEPT Arceus and Shaymin.... so I bought a AR to get the items to get them. After getting them, I trashed the AR and I traded them on GTS for the same Pokemon so I could say the ones I had I didn't hack to get. So after like 500 hours plus of trading between versions, GTS trading, breeding, and evolving, a few nights ago I completed the National Pokedex on Black 2. THE ONLY Pokemon I don't have is Meloetta, but I'll be getting her as soon as I get to Gamestop.

Last edited:

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I've own every pokemon from generation one but never on one game.

I currently hacked a cheated to get mew *2 and one celebi, among other event only pokemon (some how lost my shaymin, if found blz contact) and I am planning to get them all, I won't cheat for the non event pokemon but no way am I paying money in some way along with waiting for an event just to have pokemon that can't even be bred and are fairly weak. I want pokemon I can go from 1-100 with.

No. I have not.

Personally, I wouldn't count Mew as one of the Pokemon you "must" catch in order to obtain them all. Satoshi Tajiri threw it in there at the last moment as a joke. Its existence was meant to go completely undiscovered. Therefore, you don't really need it to "catch 'em all." If you've caught the 150 before it, congratulations, and consider yourself done.

I'd really like for this to be redone as a poll so we can see how many people really did get them all, either by hacking or legitimate catching or trading. One of my biggest beefs with modern Pokemon is that you can no longer catch 'em all, which is the whole point of the entire friggin series, so it's defeated itself. I really hope Pokemon X and Y do away with any and all Event Pokemon and allow all Pokemon to be captured within reasonable bounds, but I don't have a lot of hope there.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Sadly, no. I came close once but then I gave up. I will eventually be able to say that I have "caught them all," just not today.

Painmaster212

Spoony Bard
Yes i have in both Gen 1 and I still have my carts in which i done them on as well! I done it with people from school by trading either other Pokemon or real life items (lol) Nowadays i dont think it could do it completely legit to be honest.

Skittles

Rainbows!
I did in both Red and Blue. That's the first generation. I almost succeeded in the original Gold (or Crystal) version, but never quite made it. There were a few missing. Since then, I haven't come close. Too time consuming...:P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yesh. I actually did that long time ago. :nod:

Jk, :P I've never caught them all, and now that X and Y is coming out, I dunno if I will ever catch those from HG/SS and B/W B2/W2; I haven't touched those games in a long time.

I hope to one day, though, because I really love the franchise. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom