• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have Any Games Made You Feel Uncomftable?

Dan

Have any video games really drawn the line perhaps, have they made you feel uncomfortable, for me i kind of felt rather uncomfortable about the whole sonic 06 ordeal but a hedgehog kissing a human, wow wow wee wa whoa no!

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
Slenderman, nothing scary about it and it doesn't make me jump or anything, but the bordom of watching some guy play it poorly, gives me a feeling in which I just can't sit still. Lacks music, it's supose to be quite with just breathes for a more realistic feelin I guess but the breaths or so bad that it doesn't pull you in making the whole lack of music really annoying and overall makes me feel uncomfortable seeing that game being played.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I can't really say any have, except for that part of MGS2 where you're naked.... and I was seriously hoping the entire time that my parents wouldn't walk in during that section. XD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil Zero have made me very uncomfortable on my first runs of each respective game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Skyward Sword during the Demise revival and Super Mario Galaxy during the end with Rosalina...both for the same reason: "What if my friends saw me playing this? <.<"

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
OOT's Shadow temple on my first play through was pretty uncomfortable. I really did not want to have to be there

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I hate it when I have to sneak around in games, it's my least favorite thing in games. Oh, and I HATED the Silent Realms in SS, the eerie feeling and the guardians looming over you if you couldn't reach a drop in time :S

DarkestLink

Honestly, though, just playing a game never makes me feel uncomfortable...game fanbases though are another story...

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
F.E.A.R.
I stopped playing for a week after a certain segment in the game. The first FEAR was great. Psychological terror is best. The rest were ****.

Amnesia for a bit as well, but it quickly wore off.

DarkestLink

The Great Fairy in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask... *shivers*

Ha ha! I was playing OoT the other day with my 5 year old cousin in the room. He can't read well enough to effectively play a game, so he watches me...and his Mom comes in right when I get to the Great Fairy--could be worse...she could have seen me in the Shadow Temple. XD

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
While I think the nonsense about video games causing violence is just that, nonsense, the people who claim the GTA games glorify and actively encourage some of the most vile and despicable criminal behavior are right. GTA has no tact what-so-ever, and it's not one of those games where the behavior is purely optional and discouraged, but rather unavoidable and challenges arise from committing such acts. Not only that but the vulgarity and profanity and racism and sexism and homophobic nature prevalent in the dialog is just sickening and gut wrenching to watch. Some people think GTA some subtle satire, but there is nothing meaningful or subtle about it.

The Little Sisters in the Bioshock games are pretty disturbing. Not only are they brainwashed children made to engage in some pretty sick twisted activities involving blood and corpses, but you have to kill this monster - another brainwashed human being in an armored diving suit - who the child has been brainwashed to have an emotional bond as a father figure with. After that, in order to get what amounts to experience points, you're given the choice of "rescuing" the girl or "harvesting" her for bonus points. Yes, a moral decision that is left up to the player. Makes me wonder about the players who would chose to harvest and kill a little girl for bonus points, even if it can be seen as doing the child a favor in some back @$$wards sort of reasoning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom