• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Haters?

Linkyme

Call me Coco :3
Why would anyone NOT be looking forward to the release of Skyward Sword? In my opinion, it's a brand new game, so give it a chance and play it. You can decide if you hate it or not after you played it. For example, I never liked how Minish Cap looked (the storyline seemed ridiculous at the time), but once I watched walkthroughs to see how silly it was, I loved it! I'm even going to get it for myself. So why hate on a game you've never played? Or, for that matter, on a game that hasn't even been released in the US?:O

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
You would only hate it because you haven't played it, and by its appearance it doesn't look like your type of interest. For me I didn't really like Halo due to how it looked and the attitude Zelda fans bear toward it until I got a chance to try it out. It was fairly good, but not anywhere near as immersive or amazing as Zelda. Plus it had way too many buttons going on at the same time. I'll definitely prefer the Wii Motion+ system of gameplay over that anyday.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Well, a lot of people hated on TWW for the Cel-shading. Guess what people are doing to SS. Like Troll-Slayer above me said, the only people who hate are those who have not played.

Z

zeldafan888

There a lot of pessimist out their who don't have a very positive opinion about this game,ether because of the wiimotion+ controls (some people consider wiimotion+ controls gimicky) or the game itself lack the charm of the original one(With thing like the used of characterization and the plot driveness of modern 3d zelda game), most of these pessimist are people who are retro zelda fans (before ocarina of time), In their opinion, they consider that the zelda series after ocarina of time declining because of these sort of low sales after ocarina of time.
I know one pessimist in the zelda universe forum by the name of Double A, he was ranting this game since e3 2010 and a good debater too.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm an SS hater because it is going to be the worst Zelda game ever, it'll even be on the scale of Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask in terrible-ness. Its graphics are going to suck, the gameplay is going to suck, the story is going to suck...everything about SS will suck. Pretty much sums up my thoughts of Skyward Sword. :right:

Uhm...I believe if you take the contrapositive of those ridiculous statements, you will get my real opinion. SS will definitely be on the scale of OoT/MM in greatness, at least in my opinion. One deciding factor of if I will love it as much as OoT/MM is how different it is and how the differences are incorporated into the gameplay. :3

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Their is no way that their will not be haters or people who judge a book by it's cover. I have heard tons of people say things like "The art style is too bright and does not fit dark themes to it " and also "The gameplay looks way too hard!!" Just ignore them because either they will play it then love it or maybe they just won't like it. It's like Twilight Princess, for me it is my 2nd best Zelda game on my list but at they same time their are so many haters to that game. For me I just ignore them because in the end Zelda is for us to enjoy so it's our opinions that matters not others.

Last edited:

arkvoodle

Diabolical
People are just hating on Skyward Sword because they don't like the graphics and because they think Nintendo is "Kiddifying" the zelda series and ignoring their older fans. Which is a complete and outright lie. Skyward sword seems to have a quite emotional plot, not one that little kids would understand easily. Sure the graphics are kind of kidlike, but that was the same for Wind Waker, which was a pretty okay game in my eyes. The graphics don't really matter. It's the story and gameplay that really makes a game what it is.

In other words, people are just being pessimistic and are being spoilt brats. They need to see that nintendo is not abandoning them, and that SS isn't a game for 3 year olds. Heck, i'm not even sure a 3 year old could understand what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom