• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has your thoughts on any of the titles changed in recent years?

MW7

That game needed better fast travelling, and not guessing on what portal/ area it was going to take you to and you also had to time the horn perfectly it was quite frustrating to maneuver I found. I like the idea of keeping notes on the DS with the stylus touch screen about certain areas and things to remember but not when it comes to something really important like fast travelling. Play a song on the flute, while boarding the train and be able to fast travel. Train riding got ARDUOUS in this game hahaha. I thought moving link while on the train, while it was stopped would have been a better concept as well more freedom and from here it would have been better to have a song to play on the flute to fast travel easier. I loved aspects of the game, I'm super glad I played it and experienced it but I don't think I would re visit it to replay. At least for many many years, too many other better titles. lol
I agree with almost everything but the timing of the horn for fast traveling is probably more lenient than you remember (I just finished replaying the game). The fast travel in the game is a pain, and I realize that they designed it this way because helpful fast travel would have made the quests to transport people or cargo trivial. However, these quests were not fun anyway so I would much rather have had them make the fast travel better. It takes forever to go anywhere. You have to pay attention too or you'll die. I remember playing Wind Waker and traveling to Outset from Windfall when I literally walked out of the room for 5 minutes and came back and only got hit maybe once. I did not like the large number of instant kills in Spirit Tracks either. You have to take even longer to travel to a place because you have to avoid a game over.

My thoughts have pretty much stayed the on most Zelda games. Except for 3. Twilight Princess was on on the lower end for me and my least favorite 3D Zelda game but after my 3rd playthrough in 2017 on the Wii U with TPHD and especially my 4th playthrough again on the Wii U with TPHD(I think the Wii version definitely made me like it less) earlier this year I really like it way more to the point where it is no longer my least favorite 3D Zelda game. That is now The Wind Waker or Majoras Mask. Speaking of The Wind Waker after my Wii U playthrough earlier this year with WWHD I enjoyed the game less after liking it better than Twilight Princess for years. The final one is The Minish Cap. That one really didnt do much for me. But a few years later I started to gain more appreciation for it and started liking it better. Then after my playthrough of it a month ago on the WIii U VC I started to sour on the game again and now I think I like it even less than the first time around.

My thoughts have pretty much stayed the on most Zelda games. Except for 3. Twilight Princess was on on the lower end for me and my least favorite 3D Zelda game but after my 3rd playthrough in 2017 on the Wii U with TPHD and especially my 4th playthrough again on the Wii U with TPHD(I think the Wii version definitely made me like it less) earlier this year I really like it way more to the point where it is no longer my least favorite 3D Zelda game. That is now The Wind Waker or Majoras Mask. Speaking of The Wind Waker after my Wii U playthrough earlier this year with WWHD I enjoyed the game less after liking it better than Twilight Princess for years. The final one is The Minish Cap. That one really didnt do much for me. But a few years later I started to gain more appreciation for it and started liking it better. Then after my playthrough of it a month ago on the WIii U VC I started to sour on the game again and now I think I like it even less than the first time around.
Sounds like you aren't a true Zelda fan if you hate half the titles. lol just saying..... Especially main titles. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series though, it has so much to offer! Why play something 4 times if you never liked it? TP is an incredible game, but hey art is always subjective in any form however, I personally, totally disagree with your assessment. Truthfully your post is just one big complaint on the games with not much evidence to back it up. If you don't like something then don't keep playing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom