• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Has Smash Bros Ever Influenced You to Try a New Franchize?

we all know the smash bros games have alot of references and trivia to other Nintendo games. after all thats what the game is about, charictors from different franchises beating the Pixiles out of other Charictors. Brawl not only had trophies with information about them but also had Demos and listing of most of their major games for each of consoles.

For me Smash bros has influenced me to try out the Metroid, and the Pikmin games. I knew about metroid but before brawl but i dint really know the Pikmin games till i played SSBB. So What about you? has Nintendo's Secret advertisement in disguise ever made you go try a Different franchise?

When I first picked up Melee, I had no idea what Fire Emblem was because until recently it was a Japan-only series. But some new games and some translated games have come to the States, and now we have one of the best 3DS experiences in Fire Emblem Awakening. :)

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I think that nobody here would have played FE if not for Melee tbh. It's what made me play it.

Also made me play Earthbound and Krabby... I mean Kirby.

Sheik

:the:
I suppose Smash Bros might have actually introduced me to the Zelda series. Kid Icarus, too. And Starfox.

You know, basically everything. Melee was the first videogame I ever played, so it introduced me to Nintendo as a whole.

Smash Bros introduced me to other games in a franchise as well as other franchises. for example there were references to Mario games that I wasn't aware of that looked interesting to play Like the Mario & Luigi Series. I think I would of played Fire Emblem even without Smash Bros' influence, but that's what made it across seas in the first place.

If I had to pick one Franchise that Smash bros influenced me to play, it would have to be the Pikmin series. I was aware of it but wasn't that interested. After Olimar was added in Brawl my curiosity for the series grew.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I've made a personal goal to collect one game from each player. Although I'm not done with Brawl yet (Mother 3 , Ike, and a specific yoshi title), this journey has introduced me to Fire Emblem, F-Zero, Earthbound, and Sonic the Hedgehog. Wii U is gonna force me to look into Mega Man and Pac Man.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i guess you can say it got me to try out mother 3 and star fox and probably metroid
and i don't wanna say smash bros 4 is making me look into mega man,but its definitely playing a part

Mido

Version 1
I like what you guys have said about Fire Emblem. I was always perplexed by the characters in Smash Bros. After being introduced to Marth, Roy, and eventually Ike, I began to develop a respect and familiarity for their series. However, the impact of Fire Emblem's influence on me after years of the characters being present in Smash Bros left the mark of a double-edged sword. While Ike has become my main man in Brawl, I have yet to actually play Fire Emblem. :sweat:

In my own experience, Smash Bros pushed me to look into the Kirby franchise, primarily. I also delved a little into Ice Climber, but the franchises that remain one step in front of me to this day are F-Zero and Metroid. Hopefully I can get the chance to delve in! Otherwise, I was always generally familiar with most of the series featured in Smash Bros.

I became interested in the F-Zero franchise thanks to the original Super Smash Bros.. Sadly, I never got around to playing it. Read a ton about it, though, and the anime was all right. Aside from that, no.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Absolutely. Smash Bros. is the reason I started playing Zelda in the first place. My sister and I always played Melee together as kids, and since we were little girls, we loved princesses. My sister always played as Princess Zelda. We asked for a Zelda game from our parents, they bought us The Wind Waker, and the rest is history.

The demos in Super Smash Bros. Brawl also convinced me to buy a few new games. I played Brawl's Ocarina of Time demo before getting the full game on the virtual console. My sister and I also LOVED the StarFox 64 demo. We almost bought StarFox instead of Ocarina of Time, in fact! But ultimately, we went with OoT. But just a few months ago I got myself StarFox 64 3D on my 3DS so that I could finally play that game that'd I'd been interested in so long ago. ^^

And I guess I played Kid Icarus because Pit was in it, although I think I would have liked to try Kid Icarus: Uprising even if Pit hadn't been in Brawl. But since Uprising would have never existed without Brawl, I suppose I can attribute that to SSB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom