• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Hardest Part

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
This is a spoiler for anyone who hasn't beaten or even played the game yet.
Include anything you thought was hard in any part of the game. It can be a boss, temple, ETC. I Guess this thread can be most annoying part too.....Be sure to put in spoiler Tags! :yes:
Also, you can include multiple parts!

I Thought Eldin Volcano Silent Realm was the hardest, as well as ancient Cistern

How About you guys?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The hardest part in my opinion was getting past the tutorial, completely honest. All the cringing and the random stopping for zero reason, I had to force myself to play through. ;_;

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
The puzzle at the Goddess island where you had to make a bridge... urgh...

MW7

Fighting skulltulas in the first dungeon the first time I played the game was challenging due to learning the nuances of the controls and enemy weaknesses. Two places I got stuck were in the Earth Temple figuring out I had to bomb the wall (embarrassing since I've played the first Legend of Zelda several times) and figuring out how to complete the northern generator room in the Sand Ship. The Goddess Island puzzle took me a few tries, and the Eldin silent realm was the hardest one for me. One final thing that wasn't simple for me was the protect mission in Eldin. The only thing that I still have some trouble with is fighting the Imprisoned for the second time- I actually failed that on my third playthrough. So I think I'd have to go with the second Imprisoned fight as the hardest part of the game for me, and I'd say the hardest puzzle in the game was probably the Goddess Island.

Last edited:

bunny

birb overlord
The hardest part for me was probably that squid boss thing. I forget the name... Anyway, I died at least twice. ;-;

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Getting Fi to shut up.

I found some of the Silent Realms to be extremely challenging, especially on my first playthrough. I cried every time I conquered one because I wouldn't have to suffer through it again. I cried even more when I found out there *insert number here* more trials left. Din's Silent Realm was probably the most difficult for me. Sliding down the trying to collect tears while evading the pools of waking water; It's tough. Not to mention the watcher on the bone bride. It see's everything......

MW7 said:
Fighting skulltulas in the first dungeon the first time I played the game was challenging due to learning the nuances of the controls and enemy weaknesses.
THIS ^. The Skulltulas in this game made me raaaaagggeeeee. I spent hours trying to figure out their weakness, and trying to fend them off was a pain. Eventually I found out how to beat and I did my victory dance. ;)

I found a hand-full of bosses in this game to be a burden. Koloktos is definitely up there. I don't remember how much time I spent trying to defeat him, but it took a while. I think I kept my distance between him and I which caused him to throw his axes. In addition, some of the Ghirahim fights were a challenge, especially the last and second ones. The last involved Hand-to-Hand combat (which I loved), and made you plan out your moves ahead of time. Otherwise Ghirahim would grab onto your sword, and reverse your position with his. The second battle involved a lot of this tiny knives being thrown at Link, which were sometimes hard to dodge. Not to mention him coming down out of know where aiming to plunge his sword in your body. Yikes.....

Swimming. Don't ask me why, swimming was a HUGE challenge for me. The amount of time I spent trying to jump over gates in Lake Floria was horrendous. Swimming for me, did not work out...... At all.....

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
I Thought i say this, but it's not quite the topic but,

For some reason, that part with your beetle, You know? You fly it through a tunnel in the fire temple with Bokoblins?

I Actually Figured it out without even getting help!

The Lanayry Silent Realm was extremley difficult for me. The other ones were a breeze but for some reason this one took me four tries to figure out a good order/method to get every tear-thingy.

univpark

Heart of Steel
The SKULLTULAS.

It took me a lonnngggggggg time trying to beat them before eventually coming here to find out how.

That and the puzzle on the Isle of Songs where you had to make the bridge. That was hard... -___-

*SPOILER!*
*SPOILER!*
I think the hardest part was the Horde Battle in the Lightning round with no heart replenishes. Although if you take a guardian potion plus and the potion medal right before talking to the thunder dragon, you can come out unscathed.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'll go ahead and list some of the ones I can remember.

- The Lanayru Mining Facility.
I had a ton of trouble figuring out how to defeat the Sentrobes. http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda14/Enemies/Sentrobe-Screen-Small.jpg In fact, at first I thought they couldn't be defeated. It took me a while to blow the platform back and forth while avoiding the first Sentrobe in the dungeon. The next time I came across one, I got irritated with it, and decided to call Fi for advice on how to defeat it. Thanks to her help, I finally figured out how to get rid of those pesky Sentrobes.

- Playing the harp duet with Kina in the Lumpy Pumpkin.
I don't know why, but this is the only time I ever have trouble playing the harp just right. In fact, I'm still kinda poor at it. I've only ever gotten the best reaction twice. I usually end up with the third best reaction. That's still good enough for the Piece of Heart, thankfully.

- Sky Keep.
This was really hard for me, but I'm actually glad it was. I love Sky Keep! Despite it being incredibly hard for me the first time I tried it, I couldn't help but admire its difficulty. It's got to be the best challenge in the game, in my opinion.

- Fledge's Pumpkin Pull.
I can't begin to count how many times I wanted to rage-quit. xD I kept telling myself, "It's for that last Piece of Heart! You can do it!" It didn't make it any less challenging, though. That Flege sure is a tricky fella, especially when he starts throwing the pumpkins way off to the side, near the wall past the Sparring Hall. That part always gets me.

- Dodoh's skydiving minigame on Fun Fun Island.
The actual name of the minigame escapes me at the moment... One thing I like about it is that it's basically all up to luck. Unfortunately, I'm not typically lucky. ._. This really took me a while to complete, but it was worth it, getting that Piece of Heart. However, this still wasn't as hard for me as Fledge's Pumpkin Pull.

Those were the hardest parts of Skyward Sword for me, to the best of my memory.

Okay this is totally stupid but...

... the hardest part for me was in the first room you enter after you go into the first dungeon of the game. There was an eye on the wall that you had to destroy in order to get through the door to the next room. I tried hitting it with the slingshot, running around in circles, doing a jump attack, a spin attack, a forward sword-jab, etc. The only advice Fi would offer is that the eye seems to like pointy things. The eye does follow your sword around, but anytime you try to hit it, the eye closes. I thought I could confuse it by doing the spin attack repeatedly, but that didn't work and it just wore out my stamina meter. I had just recently received the slingshot, so I figured a lot of the puzzles would require me to use it. I started looking around the entire room for a mirror or some reflective surface that I might be able to shoot with the sling shot and have the seed bounce off and hit the eye, but there was nothing. I tried everything I could think of for more than 30 minutes before I finally gave up and consulted a guide. It turns out all you have to do is hold the sword out and move it in a circular motion to confuse the eye. (A bit like the giant eyes from Mario 64, but flipped 90 degrees.) Anyway, I was pissed. It was so simple, but so STUPID. I think that was the only time that I ever had to consult a guide to help with a puzzle aspect of the game. Ridiculous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom