• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hardest Elite Four?

Mubble

Pokémon Pusher
In which of the games did you find the Elite Four the most challenging? Why did they pose the most trouble for you?

Personally, I found the Black/White set quite hard, mainly Shauntal and struggled against the ghost type. It was a refreshing challenging though, as some of my Elite Four battles in previous games were too easy as I think my Pokemon were a bit overpowered compared to theirs.

I think Drake from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald was the hardest Elite Four member. I just could not defeat his Salamance. Thank god you can get a lv 70 Rayquaza before the elite four in Emerald.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6224

I found your rival from the original were the hardest because he had the highest level of pokemon and had strategy . I found B/W the easiest because they are all at the same level.

In terms of difficulty from highest to lowest:

R/S/E > D/P/Pt > R/B/Y > B/W > G/S/C

I remember the R/S/E Elite 4 giving me trouble, especially Glacia. The D/P/Pt Elite 4 was pretty challenging too. The types used within that E4 were pretty unique and the Pokemon were very high levels, but I found R/S/E's just a tad harder. The R/B/Y E4 put up a good fight, but they could easily be swept with one Pokemon. The B/W E4 is a tough one to grade. You either had trouble with them or you didn't. Personally, I found myself in a few tight spots here and there, (especially with Marshall) but I never felt the need to go all out, perhaps I was a bit overleveled. And lastly, the G/S/C E4 was disappointingly easy. Due to the small size of the Johto region, the levels ranged from the mid-40's to early 50's and the E4 had repetitive Pokemon that could be easily taken down. Although, one HG/SS came out, they did seem to put up a better fight.

Kazumi

chagy
The hardest Elite Four is probably Red/Blue/FireRed/LeafGreen. They have some very strong Pokemon and quite high levels. Fighting the Champion (your Rival) at the end is also a particularly difficult battle, and took me a good few tries my first time through. It was very rewarding when I first beat the Elite Four.

On the other hand, the Elite Four from Black and White are also terribly difficult. The Elite Four here had very interesting types, and they can be difficult to counter if you just power through the game only using your starter like I do. I was impressed with the difficulty of the Elite Four, and Black and White in general. It's nice to see that developers are making their games a bit more difficult now.

Conor

the over analysing guy
As I'm not an overly fantastic pokemon gamer I found most of the elite fours gave me trouble so it's hard to tell, I can say with confidence, however, that heart gold's elite four was probably the easiest I've faced.

I would have to say B/W have the hardest Elite Four. There levels are really high and they get even higher as you progress through the game. BTW is it me or does the Elite Four in B/W seem very low in variety? They all have a weakness to each other.

Gen IV, no matter what I did i was always under leveled there and couldn't ever get strong enough to beat them so I ended up getting a friend to trade me a Lvl 100 so i could win, though i haven't tried re-beating them in a few years now.

I think it was just Lance. Like, I beat the Elite Four easily in SoulSilver, and then when I reached Lance . . . well, **** just got real.

Emerald and Black were hard.

It took me a bunch of tries to beat Blacks Elite Four due to the overpowered moves they used

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom