• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Harder Difficulty Mode in The Wind Waker HD?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It seems Nintendo may have changed their minds on not having a hard mode in The Wind Waker HD. The game's price point and description have been uploaded to Amazon.com ($49.99), and it says there is a "more challenging difficulty level" to experience. I sure hope this is the case. A harder game mode would probably sell me on the remake regardless of my prior issues with it.

What do you guys think about this?

Salem

SICK
It will be nice if they did include a harder version though, although I want more than just harder enemies, maybe rearranged Island locations? Completely changing the dungeon layout unlike the OoT master quest where only the puzzles and stuff were changed.

I'm well aware Nintendo said this, which is why I said "may have changed their minds". I'm also well aware it may be a mistake, which is why I didn't treat this like fact.
Yeah I know.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I hope it's real difficulty...like increasing AI or removing the handicaps like friendly fire or weapon dropping...not "Moar damage!"

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I hope it's real difficulty...like increasing AI or removing the handicaps like friendly fire or weapon dropping...not "Moar damage!"

Um the "friendly fire" was part of the charm of wind waker maybe if it dident do any real damage but dropping their weapons what was wrong with that that was another fun element. The enemys had better Ai then most other games They did more then block like in ss and they did not rush you blindly like tp.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
This is strange, it's not like Nintendo to go back on their word like this, they stated that such a mode won't be in the remake, so it just seems odd that it would be put in at this stage.

It could be very possible that this is a fake source of information and Nintendo have stuck to their word, still though I would love a "harder" difficulty. Fact is that I really love this game, it's not my favourite, but it's certainly up there -- one of its main drawbacks was the extent of prolonged sailing, difficulty and, to a degree, the slight blurriness in terms of visuals. Well they've already fixed two of those problems; polished graphics and the ability to travel faster when sailing, so this mode would be the icing on the cake.

Of course if this is implemented, then it could be highly speculated on how it would actually "increase" difficulty. Would it mean simply Link having a lower threshold to damage? Enimies inflict more? Or maybe a Master Quest type change, where we see puzzles mixed around and made slightly harder. It's interesting to speculate, and while I'm not fully convinced, this has certainly raised my expectations slightly.

Salem

SICK
Um the "friendly fire" was part of the charm of wind waker maybe if it dident do any real damage but dropping their weapons what was wrong with that that was another fun element. The enemys had better Ai then most other games They did more then block like in ss and they did not rush you blindly like tp.
He was talk about the potential harder difficulty mode rather than the regular game.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
If you pre-order from Amazon, you get a harder difficulty level option and you get the game on December 31. Otherwise you don't get the difficulty option but you get the game in October. Obviously.

Salem

SICK
If you pre-order from Amazon, you get a harder difficulty level option and you get the game on December 31. Otherwise you don't get the difficulty option but you get the game in October. Obviously.
Oh you'r right, Amazon claims it's release date is in December, while its supposed to get released in October. That's another reason to distrust Amazon's information about the difficulty mode.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Not to be a buzzkill...but they might just end up making the game a little easier like they did with OoT 3DS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom