• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Happy MetroiDay

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
This year was a special year. We had ZelDay earlier this year, in which we celebrated Zelda's 30th Anniversary. And tomorrow, it will be MetroiDay, where we will celebrate Metroid's 30th Anniversary.

Since Nintendo doesn't seem interested in celebrating either Zelda or Metroid with us—and in fact, have gone the extra mile to spit in our faces by releasing Federation Force—it's up to us to celebrate those games instead.

So how will you celebrate MetroiDay? Will you be running through the classics? Will you change your avatar? For myself, I'll be running through Metroid: Zero Mission on my YT channel, starting tomorrow, followed by Super Metroid, which happens to be my 3rd favorite game of all time.

Metroid is really a series that doesn't get enough attention, considering it's probably as good as, if not better than, Zelda, and by far better than Mario.

Happy MetroiDay!

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I have Metroid, Metroid II: Return of Samus, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime 1, 2, and 3, and Metroid: Zero Mission. I'd love to play these games tomorrow BUT I WORK ALL DAY ;~; the only Nintendo series that is better than Metroid is Zelda, but it's still close. It has some of the best games ever and is criminally underrated.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Metroid isn't better than Zelda and it's only a tiny bit better than Mario and why does everyone hate Federation Force

Opinions, and all, but I think it's way better than Mario. And some of the Metroid games are definitely better than some of the Zelda games. I mean, overall, Ocarina of Time is my favorite game ever, and Super Metroid is #3 (behind Xenoblade Chronicles). But come on, Zero Mission, Super Metroid, and Metroid Prime 1 are as close to perfect games as you can get. They're on par with Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening in my book.

As far as Mario ... Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World are the two best games in their genres, by a mile. Best side-scrolling platformers ever made, but after that, I don't really personally care for Mario games at all. Especially 3D Mario. Yuckie.

Opinions, and all, but I think it's way better than Mario. And some of the Metroid games are definitely better than some of the Zelda games. I mean, overall, Ocarina of Time is my favorite game ever, and Super Metroid is #3 (behind Xenoblade Chronicles). But come on, Zero Mission, Super Metroid, and Metroid Prime 1 are as close to perfect games as you can get. They're on par with Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Link's Awakening in my book.

As far as Mario ... Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World are the two best games in their genres, by a mile. Best side-scrolling platformers ever made, but after that, I don't really personally care for Mario games at all. Especially 3D Mario. Yuckie.
But doesn't TP trump each of those Zelda games that they're on par with, and thus Zelda is better?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Metroid 30.png
Sigh......

I have to say, I am way more of a Prime guy than 2D Metroid. But my god both styles of play are so good. I love Super Metroid, Fusion, Zero Mission..... It is too bad we don't hear tale of another real Metroid game for NX.... Hopefully? Maybe soonish?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
But doesn't TP trump each of those Zelda games that they're on par with, and thus Zelda is better?
yes Ice-T,just like that

so it'll be metroids special day tomorrow huh? while I'm not much of metroid fan,sounds like a good time for me to restart metroid zero mission which I never got around to beating, and maybe I'll give super metroid a shot afterwards

It truly is sad that Nintendo has left Metroid fans to dry. Here's hoping that Federation Force can at least surpass peoples' expectations and be a somewhat solid game. I have faith in Next Level Games after they successfully rebooted Punch-Out! and Luigi's Mansion.

I also have a confession to make: I have yet to beat a single Metroid game. I've enjoyed all of the games I've played, but I usually get sidetracked by some other game. I have Metroid, Metroid II, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, and Metroid Prime Trilogy. Any suggestions on where I should try to get back into the franchise?

Well, suppose I'll give Prime a spon when I get home from work.

The Metroid series... Man I used to think it was the strongest of Nintendo's IPs, no bad game until.... THAT game (Other M) then Fed Force...

I've never known a game be able to kill 25years worth of success into a steaming mess (Other M) and then get kicked while its down with Fed Force.

Least we'll always have the memories...

Metroid, like Star Fox... Is a series that could be extraordinary, if Nintendo could give a damn.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
It truly is sad that Nintendo has left Metroid fans to dry. Here's hoping that Federation Force can at least surpass peoples' expectations and be a somewhat solid game. I have faith in Next Level Games after they successfully rebooted Punch-Out! and Luigi's Mansion.

I also have a confession to make: I have yet to beat a single Metroid game. I've enjoyed all of the games I've played, but I usually get sidetracked by some other game. I have Metroid, Metroid II, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Prime, and Metroid Prime Trilogy. Any suggestions on where I should try to get back into the franchise?
It has to either be Super Metroid or Metroid Prime. Both are really amazing and they do the same thing in bringing a fantastic starting point for the series.

My personal recommendation is Metroid Prime(do the Wii version with Trilogy, because the controls are amazing). It just encapsulates Metroid in every single way, while adding clever and unique puzzles to the mix, and it just has the best music in the series as well.

Oh yeah. And.

For those of you wanting a new Metroid game to play. I would suggest this:
http://metroid2remake.blogspot.com/?m=1

It's a complete overhaul(like Zero Mission was) of Metroid 2. A game, that was.... Eh.

I'll probably just do a quick run through Zero Mission today for the sake of it and because god knows nothing else will happen this year for Metroid.

I forgot Federation Force was even a thing. And it releases in like less than two weeks. It's so sad how far this franchise has fallen.

metroid-tanaka-message.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/hip_tanaka/happy-30th-anniversary-metroid#t=0:00

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom