• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Happy Mask Salesman

Just to start of I would like to say I was not able to post this in the theory catagory, so sorry.

I was thinking about how the Happy Mask Salesman just disappears at the end of Majoras Mask, and I think I have came up with a solution for that. I think the Happy Mask Salesman was killed by Skull Kid, I think this because when Skull Kid took Majoras Mask the Happy Mask Salesman tried to fight him for it and in the end he got killed by Skull Kid. Some people believe for a soul to pass on to the after life they can not have regret or hatered which the Happy Mask Salesman still knew he had. He was not going to be able to until he could get his mask back, this is why he sent Link to get it because he could not go and get it by himself. So when Link finally defeats Majora and gets the mask he is finally able to move on to the after life. This also explains why he is not in any games past that in the timeline.

I dont think he was Killed..The Happy mask Salesman Had the ability to move his Body's position without moveing his body, Make objects Appear and Disappear out of no were, I bleaved he used his Magic to Disappear..He was a Mysterious and odd Charictor. Plus i dont think Killing is one of the natures of the skull Kid.

Ganondork

goo
No, that does not make any logical sense. Let's think about what happens when the three days are over. The Moon crashes into Termina, killing you and everyone else in Termina. Except for someone. If you recall, it will say "You have met a terrible fate, haven't you?" Followed by a laugh. This is a direct quote from the Happy Mask Salesman in the beginning of Majora's Mask when Link is a Deku Scrub.

With that being said, it wasn't a violent event when the Happy Mask Salesman lost Majora's Mask. It was a run-of-the-mill mugging; he got knocked out and the Mask was taken from him. Pretty much exactly like Link losing his Ocarina of Time when Skull Kid mugged him. There shouldn't be any way that Skull Kid - without Majora's Mask, mind you - would be able to kill the Happy Mask Salesman, while only knocking Link out with Majora's Mask.

Link's Shadow48 said:
i think its possible, the way he just disappears at the end gives a big hint.

No, the Happy Mask Salesman just has the ability to disappear and reappear at whim. This is how he survives the Moon crashing, and I believe he also caught Deku Link by surprise with this ability, if I recall.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
While not probable, it is indeed possible that he could be a ghost.

However like stated before there are a few arguements against it. The situation was similar to when Skull Kid knocked out Link and stole his Ocarina. Skull Kid just knocked out HMS and stole majora's mask. Plus he's just a child who likes playing tricks, theres no reason he'd kill the HMS, especially not without Majora's Mask on

tlozoot

the evil even Link fears
Just to start of I would like to say I was not able to post this in the theory catagory, so sorry.

I was thinking about how the Happy Mask Salesman just disappears at the end of Majoras Mask, and I think I have came up with a solution for that. I think the Happy Mask Salesman was killed by Skull Kid, I think this because when Skull Kid took Majoras Mask the Happy Mask Salesman tried to fight him for it and in the end he got killed by Skull Kid. Some people believe for a soul to pass on to the after life they can not have regret or hatered which the Happy Mask Salesman still knew he had. He was not going to be able to until he could get his mask back, this is why he sent Link to get it because he could not go and get it by himself. So when Link finally defeats Majora and gets the mask he is finally able to move on to the after life. This also explains why he is not in any games past that in the timeline.

Nice theory, in a twisted way it does makes some sense LOL

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I'll have to agree with Ganondork here. The Happy Masked Salesman was not murdered by the Skull Kid but rather mugged. That he doesn't appear in later timeline installments bears no significance. He dies naturally, not moving on to the afterlife in the way you detail. It's much more probable that the Happy Masked Salesman works in conjunction with Majora and is evil himself. Why else would he be caring around the mask? And he's certainly not ignorant either. The man is well aware that the dawn of destruction is only three days away. He's a very shady personality to say the least.

No, that does not make any logical sense. Let's think about what happens when the three days are over. The Moon crashes into Termina, killing you and everyone else in Termina. Except for someone. If you recall, it will say "You have met a terrible fate, haven't you?" Followed by a laugh. This is a direct quote from the Happy Mask Salesman in the beginning of Majora's Mask when Link is a Deku Scrub.

With that being said, it wasn't a violent event when the Happy Mask Salesman lost Majora's Mask. It was a run-of-the-mill mugging; he got knocked out and the Mask was taken from him. Pretty much exactly like Link losing his Ocarina of Time when Skull Kid mugged him. There shouldn't be any way that Skull Kid - without Majora's Mask, mind you - would be able to kill the Happy Mask Salesman, while only knocking Link out with Majora's Mask.

No, the Happy Mask Salesman just has the ability to disappear and reappear at whim. This is how he survives the Moon crashing, and I believe he also caught Deku Link by surprise with this ability, if I recall.

I don see how the moon at the end of the 3 days hing means that it was a non violent event? Please explain.
Anyways the theory is great, not sure I believe it but its really good. Especially because I think the Japanese do believe in the thing about passing on1

Oh yes and also it was he FAIRIES who knocked out link not the Skull Kid :3

Ganondork

goo
tjspower said:
I don see how the moon at the end of the 3 days hing means that it was a non violent event? Please explain.

Dear lord wat. How does that have any significance to the Happy Mask Salesman being mugged?

Oh yes and also it was he FAIRIES who knocked out link not the Skull Kid :3

Kay.

A_LINK_IN_TIME said:
I'll have to agree with Ganondork here. The Happy Masked Salesman was not murdered by the Skull Kid but rather mugged. That he doesn't appear in later timeline installments bears no significance. He dies naturally, not moving on to the afterlife in the way you detail. It's much more probable that the Happy Masked Salesman works in conjunction with Majora and is evil himself. Why else would he be caring around the mask? And he's certainly not ignorant either. The man is well aware that the dawn of destruction is only three days away. He's a very shady personality to say the least.

More or less. It's probable that he's either directly part of, or a descendant of, the Ancient Tribe that used Majora's Mask in hexes and rituals. This would explain his knowledge of a Mask that was used by a single group only - a group that disappeared long ago, leaving no knowledge of Majora's Mask. I'd say it's the other way around really; Majora is in conjunction with the Happy Mask Salesman. Indirectly, mind you, since Majora is required in order to bring the Moon down upon Termina; a fate similar to what the Happy Mask Salesman describes to Link after he's taught the Song of Healing.

"You have met with a terrible fate, haven't you?" Happy Mask salesman says this knowing that he has also met with one. He is able to tell by Links emotions, because he has also suffered through them. An explanation for him knowing that he has to leave in three days is because he gave Link a time frame so he could help everyone else not suffer the same fate as him. If he would of said go get the mask Link mightnhave not made the time limit because he wouldn't have played the Inverted Song of Time or even the song of time. Hopefully this makes things a little clearer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom