• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Halo 4

Skullkid96

Aperture Test Subject #2
I know this is kinda late, and in a wrong game genre forum. But I finished halo 4 a couple of days ago, and i've been playing the halo series since the first one, what i've got to say is that they better bring Cortana back! Why would you want to get rid of her? she was the second part to Master Chief, and just kill her off was wrong in my opinion. I know some of you are gonna say "It's was obvious since halo 3 that she was going to die.", so? I mean I really like Cortana, she was a good character in the series and a major plot element. if it wasn't for her Master Chief would've died, caused the death of the galaxy etc. I know that there are some people out there saying that she should have died a long time ago, or she's better off dead. The Halo 5 trailer may throw hints that she is coming back, or that she some how manage to slip in a forunner data base. However, its just sad to see her slowly dying and that what was 343i thinking when they came up with the plot for Halo 4. Frankie is honestly a very annoying person in the halo franchise, and that it seems what he wants is what's going to happen. I'm very sad too see Cortana basically sacrifice her self, but come on! why kill her, Master Chief basically isn't nothing without her. but any way this is my complaining that if 343i wants to do the Halo series, then they shouldn't try to mess it up like the multiplayer or Cortana.

P.S
THE PROMETHEANS SUCK

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I was sorry to see Cortana go as well since she's the strongest character in the franchise in my opinion. However, I would doubt that this is truly the end for her. 343 have started a new trilogy and I can't see them dedicating the first game to Cortana and Chief the way they did if that relationship wasn't going to be significant later on. The whole thing with Didact and the Forerunners was very mch secondary to the whole theme of saving Cortana and whether she or the Chief are truly people. The story in the game was focused on the two of them as characters, not on the wider conflict they fight through, and I would imagine the only reason the first game wouldn't be used to truly establish the villain and the new conflict is because Cortana and Chief's relationship is going to be a major theme throughout this new trilogy.

Early in the game Cortana mentions that if they can get back to Earth there might be a way to restore her, since she was the only AI construct made with human DNA, or something. She and the Chief talk about it for a little bit but then it never really gets mentioned again. Why introduce the idea that Cortana can be saved if that isn't going to become a plot point later on? Since it didn't in Halo 4, I would expect to see it happen in Halo 5 or 6. Fingers crossed that she'll make it back.

P.S
THE PROMETHEANS SUCK

They really, really do.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I was sorry to see Cortana go as well since she's the strongest character in the franchise in my opinion. However, I would doubt that this is truly the end for her. 343 have started a new trilogy and I can't see them dedicating the first game to Cortana and Chief the way they did if that relationship wasn't going to be significant later on. The whole thing with Didact and the Forerunners was very mch secondary to the whole theme of saving Cortana and whether she or the Chief are truly people. The story in the game was focused on the two of them as characters, not on the wider conflict they fight through, and I would imagine the only reason the first game wouldn't be used to truly establish the villain and the new conflict is because Cortana and Chief's relationship is going to be a major theme throughout this new trilogy.

Early in the game Cortana mentions that if they can get back to Earth there might be a way to restore her, since she was the only AI construct made with human DNA, or something. She and the Chief talk about it for a little bit but then it never really gets mentioned again. Why introduce the idea that Cortana can be saved if that isn't going to become a plot point later on? Since it didn't in Halo 4, I would expect to see it happen in Halo 5 or 6. Fingers crossed that she'll make it back.

Um... they DON'T (doesn't mean she can't) have to bring her back. Just because their relationship was important in Halo 4 doesn't mean that the rest of the series is about a relationship. If anything, the whole Cortana and Chief thing could easily be a set up for Chief's character. More than their relationship, the game was about Master Chief's humanity. When questioning Halsey, they mention that he was broken at his core. Cortana seems like she was just trying give John his humanity back, like when she says "promise me you'll figure out which one of us is the machine." Something Master Chief remembers after Lasky reminds Chief who he really is, human.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom