• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Halo 4? Really?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I saw online here that Microsoft Game Studios will be releasing a sequel to Halo 3, entitled Halo 4 (how original). They say that it will be the start of a new trilogy starring none other than the famed Master Chief. It will be released in the holiday season of 2012.

When you watch the brief video, you will notice that it takes place after the secret ending of Halo 3 (after he climbs into the cryo-lock tube and says, "Wake me when you need me."), and shows the Chief flying out of the ship he is showcased in during the previously noted secret ending of Halo 3.

The trailer makes the game look pretty, and that's all good and fine, but what will the outcome be? Will it be as different as Reach? Or will it be a throwback to the Halo Trilogy? What do you guys think? I want to hear your opinions!

On a side note, they also announced a Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary remake which you can see here.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
This was the biggest thing on the first day of E3. And really, what do you want them to call the Halo games? Halo 4 was really needed and I'm surprised that it's coming this generation. It would of been better to put the new trilogy on next gen XBOX. But whatever, I'm sure it'll be just as good as any other Halo. It would of really sucked to have ended the badass man of a few words Master Chief's story on an annoying cliffhanger. The trailer was epic, seeing Master Chief's armor looking like hell and using a jet pack that almost looks like it's apart of his armor. I also can't wait for Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary. It looks really great and I myself am currently playing through the first one. It does need major improvements on graphics and difficulty. I can't wait to play this one to see how the terminals connect it to part 4.

And trust me, it won't be different. I trust 343 and Microsoft to not ruin it. I also want them to assign "armor abilities" to the D-Pad. He should already be able to sprint and the jet pack looks to be built into his armor. Why not switch between the two throughout the entire game and also turn on and turn off your light along with getting access to an extra ability you picked up all in one D-Pad? This better happen.

Last edited:

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
This was the biggest thing on the first day of E3. And really, what do you want them to call the Halo games? Halo 4 was really needed and I'm surprised that it's coming this generation. It would of been better to put the new trilogy on next gen XBOX. But whatever, I'm sure it'll be just as good as any other Halo. It would of really sucked to have ended the badass man of a few words Master Chief's story on an annoying cliffhanger. The trailer was epic, seeing Master Chief's armor looking like hell and using a jet pack that almost looks like it's apart of his armor. I also can't wait for Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary. It looks really great and I myself am currently playing through the first one. It does need major improvements on graphics and difficulty. I can't wait to play this one to see how the terminals connect it to part 4.

And trust me, it won't be different. I trust 343 and Microsoft to not ruin it. I also want them to assign "armor abilities" to the D-Pad. He should already be able to sprint and the jet pack looks to be built into his armor. Why not switch between the two throughout the entire game and also turn on and turn off your light along with getting access to an extra ability you picked up all in one D-Pad? This better happen.

You make a lot of good points. I also trust Microsoft/343 Studios, especially after Halo Legends. I also think that, in order to gain the favor of their audience, they will try to make their games as good (if not better) than Bungie's. I do, though, hope Halo 4 follows more along the lines of Halo 3, as opposed to Halo: Reach.
I, myself, was quite disappointed in Reach, due to its lack of loyalty to the rest of the series. It seemed as though Bungie was going for more of a CoD-ish style (with their attempts at realism and whatnot) to make the gaming audience more on their side. I honestly don't care about realism in Halo.

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
One thing I need answered that has to do with the Halo 4 teaser: What was that SMG-sized pistol that Master Cheif had? How did he have a jetpack? The jetpack would probably explain why you could jump so high in the first three games, but the weapon? What the heck is that weapon?

But Halo Anniversary........(insert the OMGs of the double rainbow guy here) One thing I have to say is......Master Cheif's new helmet looks a bit weird, but otherwise, the graphics look non-realistic, but not that fake. I think it looked more realistic from the Warthog perspective, and I don't know about the over powered pistol being back. And the multiplayer shown was Reach style graphics, which confuses me.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
This might be a dumb thing to worry about, but what would the tagline be? Halo 3 had "Finish the fight", but what will this one be promoted by?

Microsoft needed another Halo, it's just too big a franchise for them to leave it as a trilogy. Also, with a different development team this sure will be different from what Bungie made, but it could be either for better or worse. Will have to wait.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
You make a lot of good points. I also trust Microsoft/343 Studios, especially after Halo Legends. I also think that, in order to gain the favor of their audience, they will try to make their games as good (if not better) than Bungie's. I do, though, hope Halo 4 follows more along the lines of Halo 3, as opposed to Halo: Reach.
I, myself, was quite disappointed in Reach, due to its lack of loyalty to the rest of the series. It seemed as though Bungie was going for more of a CoD-ish style (with their attempts at realism and whatnot) to make the gaming audience more on their side. I honestly don't care about realism in Halo.

CoDish? How? You know CoD didn't invent realism. Life pretty much did.

Also, I really hope Halo 4 can also deliver an awesome theme just like the other 3 in the main trilogy.

Last edited:
The story looks like it may be similar to "Halo: First Strike", (Master Chief making his way back to Earth after Halo: CE) which sounds like a pretty cool premise. The premise does also lend itself to more flying sections like in Reach, which I personally found didn't feel right. I'm hoping Halo 4: The Voyage Home is mostly an on foot game.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
The story looks like it may be similar to "Halo: First Strike", (Master Chief making his way back to Earth after Halo: CE) which sounds like a pretty cool premise. The premise does also lend itself to more flying sections like in Reach, which I personally found didn't feel right. I'm hoping Halo 4: The Voyage Home is mostly an on foot game.

I doubt he'll be going home in 4. They need to stretch this new trilogy and it looks as if Chief is crashing into more trouble on this new structure.

I doubt he'll be going home in 4. They need to stretch this new trilogy and it looks as if Chief is crashing into more trouble on this new structure.

Of course. I just meant that would be the overarching story. I'm sure there will be a much more complex plot than just "get home" in addition.

Thatlinkisaspy!

(not really)
This might be a dumb thing to worry about, but what would the tagline be? Halo 3 had "Finish the fight", but what will this one be promoted by?

Microsoft needed another Halo, it's just too big a franchise for them to leave it as a trilogy. Also, with a different development team this sure will be different from what Bungie made, but it could be either for better or worse. Will have to wait.

I think the tagline would be "Re-finish the fight".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom