• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Had Nintendo Waited...

I don't think the tech had too much to do with the ideas for the games. I mean you could just make the argument that they all would be better on a newer generation console because the possibilities would be endless, but one of things about all these older games is that the system they were released on kind of adds to the charm. Like if the original Zelda would have been a 3d game on the Wii or Wii U would it have been better? In terms of technology this is true, but the systems themselves give all these games the power to be what they were. The limitations are what help make the games different in a way is basically what I'm trying to say. If we had all the gaming tech we do now back in the NES days what would keep all the Zelda games for example from being 3d adventure games instead of the top down or side scrolling ones? I personally like the 3d better, but that doesn't mean I don't think the top down is better in some games. I hope this isn't just a bunch of rambling, but like I said the 8-bit graphics and inability to render somethings make the games special because you have to build all the games main factors around these limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom