• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hacked Phantom Hourglass Save

GameSlash_

Hero of Hyrule
I bought a used copy of PH off eBay, and when I got it there was a save file with all the heart canisters yet only two of the fairies... I didn't actually touch the file until after I got all three fairies in my own save and when I loaded it I found x9 of every ship part (the ship was a complete gold set), over 7000 rupees, 30 bombs but none of the three sailing items (fishing rod, arm, slate).

Is this the r4 card stuff? I've seen them on gbatemp but never bought one. No wonder he sold the game off before doing much in it. He must have gotten bored from basically giving himself all the items. Should I search the file for anything interesting?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Action replay did this type of thing. It just sounds like someone got lazy and cheated in everything without progressing the story overly much.

And theres not really much point searching the save for anything interesting. Dudes likely cheated it all into his inventory

GameSlash_

Hero of Hyrule
Action replay did this type of thing. It just sounds like someone got lazy and cheated in everything without progressing the story overly much.

And theres not really much point searching the save for anything interesting. Dudes likely cheated it all into his inventory
Yeah, I hate it when people cheat. Especially when afterwards they say it wasn't a good game.. Maybe you would have enjoyed it more if you actually played it like it was meant to be played..

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yeah, I hate it when people cheat. Especially when afterwards they say it wasn't a good game.. Maybe you would have enjoyed it more if you actually played it like it was meant to be played..

ust cheating all those items in......... it's well pointless, yeah collecting all the ship parts can be annoying but then the game intended for you not to leave em til the end of the game to get them all but staggered them as inbetween parts to the dungeons. I don't really hold with the "it's the way the game was intended to be played" because of this, most of us just leave it all to the end of the game. To play the game as intended means you'd need to know what exactly the devs were thinking when making it.

GameSlash_

Hero of Hyrule
ust cheating all those items in......... it's well pointless, yeah collecting all the ship parts can be annoying but then the game intended for you not to leave em til the end of the game to get them all but staggered them as inbetween parts to the dungeons. I don't really hold with the "it's the way the game was intended to be played" because of this, most of us just leave it all to the end of the game. To play the game as intended means you'd need to know what exactly the devs were thinking when making it.
Well I agree the ship parts are annoying... I've actually been following this site's guide and do all the optional parts that are inbeetween the main quest, but some of it (like that infuriating shooting game) I've just left till later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom