• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Guru-Guru (Windmill Guy)

Scrub

Scrubbiest of scrubs
I always thought that Guru-Guru was a mysterious character. He just sits in a windmill yelling at musically inclined fairy boys. I just wanted to hear you guys' theories on him and the windmill(connected to a grave? Suspicious!) I look forward to reading your theories!:)

He goes ape sh** when you play the Song of Storms. I guess he's obsessed with music or something, and tries to keep in time with the spinning of the windmill. The windmill may have operated like a metronome to keep the beat for his music. When Link plays the Song of Storms, the windmill speeds up. Thus causing Guru-Guru to go mad, because he now has to try and keep up with the intense speed. You see, he feels that he MUST do it due to his obsessive-compulsiveness. :D

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
He goes ape sh** when you play the Song of Storms. I guess he's obsessed with music or something, and tries to keep in time with the spinning of the windmill. The windmill may have operated like a metronome to keep the beat for his music. When Link plays the Song of Storms, the windmill speeds up. Thus causing Guru-Guru to go mad, because he now has to try and keep up with the intense speed. You see, he feels that he MUST do it due to his obsessive-compulsiveness. :D

I have to agree with your theory. It makes so much sence. I don't think he was made because you broke the windmill or drained the well, it's because it's his metronome. I don't know is why I agree. It just makes sence. He could've left that spot nothing would change.

Heartbeat? ... Well, it is a fantasy game, so I guess it'd be possible, but...

& easy there, Wolf Sage. Someone may take that offensively and give you bad rep. :O

Sorry, that was supposed to be a positive "dude", but I see how it could be taken the wrong way without emoticons; it could also be considered spam.

But, do you think that Windmill could be his life support? Like those things at hospitals?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Sorry, that was supposed to be a positive "dude", but I see how it could be taken the wrong way without emoticons; it could also be considered spam.

But, do you think that Windmill could be his life support? Like those things at hospitals?

That would be interesting. Like I said, it's a fantasy game. It is possible...:thinking:

PS you may want to fix it because there's no guarentee that people who see it will see your post explaining it too before they send some bad rep your way.

That would be interesting. Like I said, it's a fantasy game. It is possible...:thinking:

PS you may want to fix it because there's no guarentee that people who see it will see your post explaining it too before they send some bad rep your way.

Fix'd: I put what I was originally going to say there.

On another note. What if Guru-Guru only thinks that the Windmill's his heartbeat; like it's psychological? :thinking:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Fix'd: I put what I was originally going to say there.

On another note. What if Guru-Guru only thinks that the Windmill's his heartbeat; like it's psychological? :thinking:

Hmm... that's a good theory. Yay! Speculation! I love it when Nintendo doesn't specify things! It leads to random and nonsensical theories!

Fierce

Deity Link
Speaking of Windmills... The time paradox presented in OOT is what truly confounds me.
If Link taught Guru-Guru the Song of Storms and Guru-Guru taught Link the song of storms, how did this song even exist?

The composer brothers Flat and Sharp of Ikana Kingdom, Termina are the original creators of the song... So perhaps was it post MM-Link that Guru refers to? And not OOT Link. (They are technically the same Link... and yet one is older than the other. )

Perhaps this is the case, since Link forgets the song of storms in MM... Hmm...

Perplexing indeed.

Speaking of Windmills... The time paradox presented in OOT is what truly confounds me.
If Link taught Guru-Guru the Song of Storms and Guru-Guru taught Link the song of storms, how did this song even exist?

The composer brothers Flat and Sharp of Ikana Kingdom, Termina are the original creators of the song... So perhaps was it post MM-Link that Guru refers to? And not OOT Link. (They are technically the same Link... and yet one is older than the other. )

Perhaps this is the case, since Link forgets the song of storms in MM... Hmm...

Perplexing indeed.

M'kay...mind blown. I've heard about the "Song of Storms paradox". It's amazing how significant it is, as it can serve to confirm some things in the timeline that many people still reject. Conversely, it can be used to disprove a lot of things. It all the depends on how you look at it I guess. My head hurts.

Link does not only forget The song of storms in MM but he forgets about ALL songs in MM. He remembers the song of time on the end of the "first third"(i think you know what i mean) day. But every other song he has to learn from scratch. I remember it has been talked a lot about why he looses all items and throws everything away save for the Ocarina of time which gets stolen but why didn't anbody ever wonder about this?

The paradox here has been talked about a lot but I really like the theory with the hartbeat and him trying to keep up with the speed. Never heard those theories yet. If I think about it something like that has to be the reason for him getting angry. Why else? It is naturally that there is stronger wind or storm from time to time and of course windmills are getting faster. So why blame anyone for bad weather? It could also have been pure coincidence that the weather started when the song is played(for him when you meet him the first time he only heard that song once and another thing is he is playing that song all the time but the weather stays fine).

I wonder what broke Guru-Guru obsessive-compulsive ways. We all clearly saw him at the end of OoT being seemingly bullied by those Kokiri. That means at some point he was either coerced to leave the Kakariko Windmill or he just got over his obsession.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom