• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Okay, this verifies SMS's claim that he targeted Zinn, and the later explanation of how SMS came to learn he was Neighborizer makes sense, as well.
Willing to believe this for now. However, this casts a bit of doubt on Kerest/Eresh who claimed that she believes her action only affects Town and Indeps, but not scum.
Neighborizer was one potential option for that, but it's taken...so that kinda leaves Cult as a viable option.
@Kerest sorry if I missed this, but why do you assume that your action only affects Town and Indeps?

Okay, so it's time for me to explain why I'm playing this game the way that I am, which includes keeping myself blind for as long as possible.

The first reason was for personal challenge. I want to see just how far I can get in a game without knowing anything about myself, my wincon, or my role. See how accurate my reads on other players can be from a completely neutral standpoint, and have some fun along the way.
At the time I signed up for the game, this was the only reason I was going to try this.

However, developments that have occurred since I signed up literally a week ago have kinda given me a second reason to so do.
Tomorrow, I will be going in for a medical procedure that can, and probably will, temporarily leave me without the use of my right arm. As background, I've been living with near constant agony for about month now, and this has been happening for years in the warmer/humid/rainy weather.
Not gonna lie, I am terrified right now, and I am using this mafia game as a means of having fun. My main goal here was always to have fun, but now, I literally don't care if I win or lose. I need the release, and I want to play looser and more nonsensical than usual.
Policy lynch me, if you think I'm going to interfere too much. I don't really care at this point...

I'm really sorry to hear about this. I don't know if it's any comfort to you, but I'll be praying for you and this operation.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Alright, here's where I stand at the current time.

I'm not convinced Ex is scum. I think he's a bit too reckless to be. He was reckless in the one other game I've played with him and he was town in it.

I don't like ME's plan to not guess, but I do believe he is being genuine. That being said, if he goes through the entire game without knowing his alignment, he'll have to be lynched eventually in case he is mafia. To be completely honest, I would be down to PL him as he suggested, although I'm unsure about that. Regardless, not making an effort to discern your role is not helpful to town.

As for Kerest, I don't know what to think. I feel like she started getting more talkative once she was pressured a bit, but at the same time I missed a lot from day 1 and cba to dig through all the **** posts rn.

Moe is a bull read. But I always null read him. He jumps to conclusions a lot, but that aligns with what I know of his town play. I just don't know how to read him.

Funnier is not a jester, and nor is he dangerous to us. I made a pretty blatant hint why in an earlier post. Best to just leave him alone for now.

I had missed SMS's claim before I quoted his posts. With Zinn saying he was neighbourized the claim checks out, though I gotta ask who the hell gets lucky enough to correctly guess such a niche role during the first night?

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
What even is this

A post.

You literally said word for word "any Mafia plans automatically exclude ExLight"

I included two assumptions at the beginning of my logic:
1. ExLight is bused Mafia
2. ExLight is mislynched Town

You are quoting from the section exploring the logic of the Mafia assumption.

I don't care about your hedging

I'm not hedging. I'm planning some way for Town to survive this game. At current, all strategic examination of Town shows a clear Mafia victory.

You clearly think that ex and I are wolves; I'm exploring that world

Based upon current reads from what limited information is available, you are. However, ironically, if you read my reads post, you'll notice that neither of you are the strongest Mafia read based upon existing evidence. The question you should be asking yourself isn't "why does Kerest see the Mafia as pulling contradictory strategies," but "why isn't Kerest going after her strongest mafia read and instead using his vote elsewhere?"

There is a strategy involved. And so far, it is paying off in useful information.

How do you reconcile that with this world where wolves have left exlight for dead or if I must be specific are "excluding" them?
There's a leap here or a gap in logic that I'm missing when you start with "wolves are giving up on ex" and end up with "moe and ex are scumbuds"

I covered that in this post. It's your standard confusion strategy for infiltration teams. If you have two people appearing to work opposite each other on Goal A, you automatically assume they are opponents rather than trying to distract you from or accomplish Goal B. It's a very useful strategy, especially in cases where your opposition is too compromised to effectively investigate.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I mean if I leave the page for 10 minutes 50 more pages go up
I was also moving over the last few days, and start a new job tomorrow. I won't try to replace out, but I'll be pretty quiet for the next little bit as I adjust.

Or rather are you just not super into this game for out of game reasons

cause something is off and its noticeable
I don't really want to talk about it (I'm totally fine); its NAI, I just like
don't know how to solve on ZD is the thing
I just have to try ofc, I just keep missing stuff, and I mean the small things I've done are probably fine, like I don't think Zinn or SMS is scum, and I'm just going to be pissed
if Funnier is scum

so I think the reads are fine
I just don't know how to approach the game, I guess

You're spending too much time beating yourself up and not enough time solving and I don't like it
is this related to the bet?

Its entirely unrelated to the bet.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
don't know how to solve on ZD is the thing
Listen to the meta
If minish and funnier and gumball and deku etc are town they usually get there
and night actions do the rest

You really don't have to do much of anything to win on zd and you know that so
Maybe trust me on the kerest lynch

I'm not super confident but it's a good lynch I promise

Unvote

Vote: Max

May as well look elsewhere, still unsure about Ex though.

@Max1996ZD heya! You said you know your role but not your alignment iirc. Care to explain?
I don't know my role for certain yet, but my role result on using it on Deku already spells something out to me, but I'm not saying anything. However, I do know I'm in no way Mafia-aligned, from both my alignment guess result and my role result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom