• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Guess Your Role: Poke Ball Z Mafia (BMGf/ZD Crossover Event) Endgame: TBA, Town and Survivor Win! (11/7/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I was thinking of Cult Leader earlier, not neighbourizer. I should've realized neighbourhoods could contain mafia members as one of the people who hosted the OoT game at Bulba which included scum within the neighbourhood. I'm just a dum dum idiot I suppose. This does void my read of Zinn.

Anyway, my town read on Minish is because she is generally much more cautious as scum. I have a hard time imagining her of all people being reckless if she was. It's not a super strong town lean, but I feel pretty good about her.

Anyway, reads! Excluding funnier because you all already know my feeling about him.

Town:

SMS - Claim checks out, and he's been contributing more than I'm used to seeing him do. Definitely liking his play this game.
Minish - See above
Ex - I've talked about him a fair bit. He's far too reckless to be scum, and I've mentioned how i feel like he isn't putting much thought into his posts.
Hero - I put him here on my last reads list but I'm not too sure why seeing as he has less posts than myself (how are so many people in the same boat???) I'll leave him here for now but will be needing to reread him I think. I don't recall him doing anything particularly noteworthy or AI so this may change.

Null:

Zinn - I was wrong about the neighbourizer being unable to catch scum so it certainly doesn't clear him. I don't recall seeing him make any original thoughts and my weak memory says he outed SMS before the latter claimed, which I don't like (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this. Likely won't change my read but still). He has been even less active than me since subbing in, though he's never struck me as a high poster, and his play seems fairly consistent with the previous games I've seen. Unsure what to think at this point.
Moe - sigh, as much as I wanted to avoid the "Moe is Moe" argument, I really can't say much else about him. I'm not a fan of his playstyle, but that doesn't make it scummy, and it is in line with the way I've seen him play several times prior to this. I am keeping in mind, however, what The Sun Fan said earlier seeing as he's the only one familiar with Moe's scum play.
Sun Fan - For some reason, I'm not liking Sun much this game. I don't necessarily think he's scum, given the null read, but something seems off about him and I can't quite put my finger on it. I realize that sounds like a cop out, but I'm having trouble thinking of anything noteworthy he's done that's a tell either way.
Kerest - I'll preface this by saying I am not scum reading her. That being said, I'm not liking her play. I don't find the math and percentages particularly useful and is typically not a playstyle I enjoy playing with. She seems willing to sacrifice herself for the good of the town, and I recall doing the same thing in Anime Girls Mafia a long time ago (though by different means). That being said, it's not a tell and her chaotic playstyle isn't benefitting us at all. Would be down to lynch as she is anti-town and does have a chance of flipping scum.
TheCapsFan - I have to admit, this is a slot I regrettably haven't been paying much attention to, which is a shame because I've heard they are a good player. I'll have to ISO to get any kind of read because I can't identify a single thing they've said at the top of my head.
Maniacal Engineer - It's impossible to know right now whether or not he has truly neglected to guess his role, but I'm down to believe he is being genuine. I do like how he's been very consistent about it, and I also like how he didn't let his irl stuff get in his way of remaining active. I still don't like the idea of not having any information, it doesn't benefit either team and on the off chance he is mafia will be able to slip by for the entire game. For this reason, he will have to be lynched at some point, no matter how helpful he is; if he ends up being the last wolf standing or lasts through to the LYLO stage without even knowing it, it could prove catastrophic for the town.
Rubik - How the hell did I forget you were scum in Canadians mafia lmao. Tbf though, you weren't in a good place when you subbed in and your chance of winning was fairly low so I don't consider it a very good indicator of your playstyle. Anywho, I like how you've been very active in this game, but I feel like you haven't really contributed as much as I would expect and have been fairly memey. That being said, i like your vote on me as it reads as an attempt to solve the game, so I feel inclined to give you a slight town lean.

Where are you d00ds?:

Deku - Moving, but even when I had the same problem during the last game I at least made an effort to keep myself updated on the goings-on of the game, even if I wasn't posting much. He, on the other hand, has admitted to not having paid attention to this game at all throughout the moving process. If anything, I find this to be a slight town tell, as me being scum in the last game was my reason for staying up to date. Now that he's back, I would like to give him an opportunity to catch up and share his thoughts.
LG - Doc did nothing of note during his tenure in this game, and LG also has yet to do anything. Funnier said something about Doc being the type of player to drop out of the game as scum once the pressure of catching up came onto him, and honestly I can see it. Activity alone isn't AI for Doc, but I want to believe as town he would have stayed in the game and made an effort to catch up.
Max - I forgot you were in this game, say something pls.

As it stands, I would not lynch: funnier, SMS, Minish, Hero, Rubik, Ex, or Deku.

I would lynch: Kerest, ME, LG, or Max. Out of those four, I will join whichever lynch is the popular one.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
So, I don't think you replied to my post poking your theory. Did it change your mind on any player?

If you die and turn out to flip town, who do you think we should look into?

Look into Moe and anyone who simply wagoned my lynch. One of them will be Mafia.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I was thinking of Cult Leader earlier, not neighbourizer. I should've realized neighbourhoods could contain mafia members as one of the people who hosted the OoT game at Bulba which included scum within the neighbourhood. I'm just a dum dum idiot I suppose. This does void my read of Zinn.

Anyway, my town read on Minish is because she is generally much more cautious as scum. I have a hard time imagining her of all people being reckless if she was. It's not a super strong town lean, but I feel pretty good about her.

Anyway, reads! Excluding funnier because you all already know my feeling about him.

Town:

SMS - Claim checks out, and he's been contributing more than I'm used to seeing him do. Definitely liking his play this game.
Minish - See above
Ex - I've talked about him a fair bit. He's far too reckless to be scum, and I've mentioned how i feel like he isn't putting much thought into his posts.
Hero - I put him here on my last reads list but I'm not too sure why seeing as he has less posts than myself (how are so many people in the same boat???) I'll leave him here for now but will be needing to reread him I think. I don't recall him doing anything particularly noteworthy or AI so this may change.

Null:

Zinn - I was wrong about the neighbourizer being unable to catch scum so it certainly doesn't clear him. I don't recall seeing him make any original thoughts and my weak memory says he outed SMS before the latter claimed, which I don't like (someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this. Likely won't change my read but still). He has been even less active than me since subbing in, though he's never struck me as a high poster, and his play seems fairly consistent with the previous games I've seen. Unsure what to think at this point.
Moe - sigh, as much as I wanted to avoid the "Moe is Moe" argument, I really can't say much else about him. I'm not a fan of his playstyle, but that doesn't make it scummy, and it is in line with the way I've seen him play several times prior to this. I am keeping in mind, however, what The Sun Fan said earlier seeing as he's the only one familiar with Moe's scum play.
Sun Fan - For some reason, I'm not liking Sun much this game. I don't necessarily think he's scum, given the null read, but something seems off about him and I can't quite put my finger on it. I realize that sounds like a cop out, but I'm having trouble thinking of anything noteworthy he's done that's a tell either way.
Kerest - I'll preface this by saying I am not scum reading her. That being said, I'm not liking her play. I don't find the math and percentages particularly useful and is typically not a playstyle I enjoy playing with. She seems willing to sacrifice herself for the good of the town, and I recall doing the same thing in Anime Girls Mafia a long time ago (though by different means). That being said, it's not a tell and her chaotic playstyle isn't benefitting us at all. Would be down to lynch as she is anti-town and does have a chance of flipping scum.
TheCapsFan - I have to admit, this is a slot I regrettably haven't been paying much attention to, which is a shame because I've heard they are a good player. I'll have to ISO to get any kind of read because I can't identify a single thing they've said at the top of my head.
Maniacal Engineer - It's impossible to know right now whether or not he has truly neglected to guess his role, but I'm down to believe he is being genuine. I do like how he's been very consistent about it, and I also like how he didn't let his irl stuff get in his way of remaining active. I still don't like the idea of not having any information, it doesn't benefit either team and on the off chance he is mafia will be able to slip by for the entire game. For this reason, he will have to be lynched at some point, no matter how helpful he is; if he ends up being the last wolf standing or lasts through to the LYLO stage without even knowing it, it could prove catastrophic for the town.
Rubik - How the hell did I forget you were scum in Canadians mafia lmao. Tbf though, you weren't in a good place when you subbed in and your chance of winning was fairly low so I don't consider it a very good indicator of your playstyle. Anywho, I like how you've been very active in this game, but I feel like you haven't really contributed as much as I would expect and have been fairly memey. That being said, i like your vote on me as it reads as an attempt to solve the game, so I feel inclined to give you a slight town lean.

Where are you d00ds?:

Deku - Moving, but even when I had the same problem during the last game I at least made an effort to keep myself updated on the goings-on of the game, even if I wasn't posting much. He, on the other hand, has admitted to not having paid attention to this game at all throughout the moving process. If anything, I find this to be a slight town tell, as me being scum in the last game was my reason for staying up to date. Now that he's back, I would like to give him an opportunity to catch up and share his thoughts.
LG - Doc did nothing of note during his tenure in this game, and LG also has yet to do anything. Funnier said something about Doc being the type of player to drop out of the game as scum once the pressure of catching up came onto him, and honestly I can see it. Activity alone isn't AI for Doc, but I want to believe as town he would have stayed in the game and made an effort to catch up.
Max - I forgot you were in this game, say something pls.

As it stands, I would not lynch: funnier, SMS, Minish, Hero, Rubik, Ex, or Deku.

I would lynch: Kerest, ME, LG, or Max. Out of those four, I will join whichever lynch is the popular one.
lolol sorry for the horrendous formatting, too lazy to colour text on mobile.

funnier6

Courage~
What exactly do you call reckless? I haven't seen much of that kind of that kind of thing from Minish.

I need you to post your reads list again but in English.

Sunfan is town precisely because he does not make sense.

Making ME a policy does not make sense because it's literally 110% chance he will be forcefully recruited into the mafia team if he is in fact mafia. Him not guessing just means he gets to say he doesn't know for the entire game when in fact he could have been recruited already and thus know that he's mafia.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
What exactly do you call reckless? I haven't seen much of that kind of that kind of thing from Minish.
I use the term loosely to mean "flip-floppy".

I need you to post your reads list again but in English.
*ugh react*

Sunfan is town precisely because he does not make sense.
I mean I guess? idk, I find it hard to read people either way when they don't make sense.

Making ME a policy does not make sense because it's literally 110% chance he will be forcefully recruited into the mafia team if he is in fact mafia. Him not guessing just means he gets to say he doesn't know for the entire game when in fact he could have been recruited already and thus know that he's mafia.
So would you lynch him today then? Would you place a vote right now? If so, I would join you.

funnier6

Courage~
I'm definitely going to neighborize someone tonight, but I'm not going to say who publicly or go by suggestions in the game thread because I don't want it to be predictable.
I dont think it really matters who you neighborize, just dont go thinking its safe to spill relevant information in there.
You know this is really easy for a wolf to say :v
It'd be easier if you'd stop cheating and roll scum already. :ezlo:
Bigger games hurt my head. :(
Pretend it's your second one in a row. </3
This is a really good point. I was interested in pushing Tristan some more today so we weren't just all focusing on one person. But that will probably go nowhere and we can always reevaluate him tomorrow.

Vote: Kerest
What exactly about this is a good point?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
What do you mean by this then? I feel like we're on roughly the same page but I'm a little confused. Based on what you're saying, you're confirming that ME is dangerous because he could know he's mafia and just keep playing it off as if he still doesn't know. Leaving him alive could lead to disastrous results for town.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I was speaking plainly. Perhaps more detail will help?

And, to be blunt, my fate in this game is to be lynched. My usefulness for Town is limited, due to the overflow of information from the number of posts present and the current per-cycle post rate. I cannot last the full game utilizing this a full examination of every detail due to limits inherent in cognition abilities and limits inherent in the nature of how information is presented. It is a far less refined path than I normally prefer, and as such creates a problem that eventually information examination will exceed my capacity. Projected failure of all usefulness I can provide to Town is Day 4 at maximum, but severe degradation of capacity to be of aid is expected late into Day 3.

At current, all efforts amount to a delaying action to either present a plan or at least change up expectations Mafia has enough to prevent an easy Mafia victory and give Town a chance. But, I need time to calculate this. Unfortunately, projected completion data of necessary actions exceeds the current time remaining in phase.

In short, I'm ****ed, Town is going to be just as ****ed tomorrow as it is today, and you guys will be doing this whole song and dance again tomorrow. Only with... running calculations... 2 less people on your side left alive.

Okay, I can't stand for this kind of thesaurus abuse. This post legit looks like it jumped off of r/iamverysmart. We asked you for a defense and you literally said "Kerest has insane insight". Literally the only reason I'm not voting you at this point is if this has to do with your role. As Moe stated there are Androids in this game and I think it's possible you're being forced to play like this.

Not really actually. Almost all your reads are consensus, which says very little about you. Nice start though.

Now that you mention it, yeah, sorry. I'm going to sleep for now but I'll try to do better in the morning. If there's anything specific you wanted to ask about please @ me with the question and I'll answer it best I can when I get up. I want to help find the scum as much as you do but don't know what to say atm.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
someone tell me where to vote

i'm in the middle of catching up. i'm simultaneously on this page and 54. got a quick question and then i'll get back to it

don't forget to make your role/alignment claim
since you just subbed in I assume you're pretty far behind
my predecessor guessed town and was correct. i guess i technically can't complain about rolling town since it wasn't me who rolled it lmao
if "moe is moe" and moe is always town on zd, then why didn't you put him in the town section? what did sunfan say, can you find it for me? I'd really appreciate that

funnier6

Courage~
Woah, woah, woah! Three votes on one person is too much for pressure, I think.
I like how Max comes out the woodwork to say this as soon as votes for Meh pile on and then immediately disappears again.
I think I am at voting for
unvote
vote: deku
Have you talked about this.
sunfan
funnier
sms
zinn
tristan (weakly)
minish
hero (weakly)

kerest (this is not a townread but they are posting a lot so I don't want to lynch them today)

I think that there's probably a good chance of hitting scum if we lynch within

deku
lg
rubik

if I didn't say your name, I don't have an opinion on you

townreads on Moe are far too early; I know you guys haven't seen his scumgame but this is extremely within his range right now
legit the only thing I would have to say about him is that he's clearly not scum with kerest
You put yourself on your own town list. You narcissist.

Why is Zinn town? Why does high activity=do not lynch? Where have you suddenly gotten the idea that low posters must die and high posters must live? And how can you possibly have an opinion on LG?? What is up with that Rubik read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom