• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Greedy Mask Salesman Theory

My friends and I have this theory that the mask salesman in MM set up the whole plight of Termina and here's why:

1. All of the children on the moon are the mask salesman in child form.
2. You give them all of your masks at the end of the game so you can obtain the Fierce Deity's Mask from the last child wearing Majora's Mask.
3. I think he gives you the Fierce Deity Mask because he wants to have a challenge when fighting you, but the way the child says he wants to play... it makes it all seem set-up.
4. He's obviously out of his mind.

What do you think?

zellinkda

one of many
i think that that's a good theory! but doesn't this belong in the zelda theory section?

anywho. i would make one change to your theory if i could...

I think the kid wearing majora's mask is the one who truely is supposed to resemble the happy mask salesman. it's supposed to reflect on the happy mask salesman's childhood. see how he sits alone, isolated from the other kids? thats why. maybe the reason that he wanted to leave so fast, was because termina and its moon were containing the sad memories of the happy mask salesman.

i think that that's a good theory! but doesn't this belong in the zelda theory section?

anywho. i would make one change to your theory if i could...

I think the kid wearing majora's mask is the one who truely is supposed to resemble the happy mask salesman. it's supposed to reflect on the happy mask salesman's childhood. see how he sits alone, isolated from the other kids? thats why. maybe the reason that he wanted to leave so fast, was because termina and its moon were containing the sad memories of the happy mask salesman.

It is my understanding that the Zelda Theory section is reserved for how the games intertwine. This is purely a MM theory and does not relate to any other games.
As for your theory, that is very insightful. Perhaps the moon is the physical form of the mask salesman's childhood sadness and isolation, seeing as he obviously has some sort of mystical power surrounding him.

D

darth_matt195

Well, I'd never thought of MM in that way before. It seems plausible...but the skull kid was the one who abused the mask, it wasn't the mask salesman who did that?

Well, I'd never thought of MM in that way before. It seems plausible...but the skull kid was the one who abused the mask, it wasn't the mask salesman who did that?

My theory on the skull kid in all this is that the mask salesman didn't get his mask stolen by the skull kid, but he allowed it to happen. I think he chose the skull kid because of his weak mind, that could easily be manipulated by the mask. If you look at the whole game as the mask salesman's crime, the skull kid is only a pawn in the chess game that is Termina's plight.

I hope you have more, what I can say is that some how the HMS got Majoras Mask and did something with it after it became happy and not evil. The moon children stopped Majoras Mask and killed the FD and did the Song of Healing or some thing, other wise they wouldn't be masks. I have a constructed theory following a bit of others...... I will tell you with a video when I can.

I hope you have more, what I can say is that some how the HMS got Majoras Mask and did something with it after it became happy and not evil. The moon children stopped Majoras Mask and killed the FD and did the Song of Healing or some thing, other wise they wouldn't be masks. I have a constructed theory following a bit of others...... I will tell you with a video when I can.

Okay, WHAT? I have no idea what you are ever talking about and I would like it if you left my threads alone you weirdo.

Okay, WHAT? I have no idea what you are ever talking about and I would like it if you left my threads alone you weirdo.
No, I just look at the same threads by accident and what I mean is that there needs to be a reason to have moon children at all, my guess is that they work for the HMS ( HMS is Happy Mask Salesman for short if you didn't know) And FD is some god, it really wouldn't make sense to have him become a mask.

No, I just look at the same threads by accident and what I mean is that there needs to be a reason to have moon children at all, my guess is that they work for the HMS ( HMS is Happy Mask Salesman for short if you didn't know) And FD is some god, it really wouldn't make sense to have him become a mask.

I still don't know what you are trying to say and I know what your acronyms mean. Who is becoming a mask?

I still don't know what you are trying to say and I know what your acronyms mean. Who is becoming a mask?

FD becomes a mask ( Fierce Diety) obviously hes a mask when you get him and I think its more possible for that the moon children to know the Song of Healing because they look like the HMS. But they are little so they put them on and don't know the masks are dark. Sorry you cant understand, I am not a good explainer to make reviews of things so people cant understand somethings.

FD becomes a mask ( Fierce Diety) obviously hes a mask when you get him and I think its more possible for that the moon children to know the Song of Healing because they look like the HMS. But they are little so they put them on and don't know the masks are dark. Sorry you cant understand, I am not a good explainer to make reviews of things so people cant understand somethings.

Okay, I'm starting to see more of what your saying, but I still don't see how that conflicts with my theory. I would still like it if you were to elaborate a little bit more.

He's implying how the Fierce Deity's Mask came to be. Seeing how you get other transformation masks by using the Song of Healing (usually to dead or undead). I never viewed the children as real entities myself. Just manifestations the masks created for themselves. Maybe resembling the tribe that Majora's Mask originally belonged to. Perhaps Majora and the Fierce Deity were in an ongoing battle with each other, and this tribe created the Song of Healing to put a stop to both of them. Some time after that, the Happy Mask Salesman found Majora's Mask, which was then stolen by the Skull Kid. When the Skull Kid put the mask on, we've learned that he was possessed by the essence of Majora, who probably knew where to get the Fierce Deity's Mask, on the moon, which could be one reason he summoned it to Termina.
Just some random thoughts.

Idk.... I can't say it's just coincidence the kids look like HMS when he is such a large part of the game, you must remember that the whole story of the tribe was told to you by HMS; who knows if he's telling the truth?

Maybe he's one of them too (or a descendant, like Impa is to the Sheikah), and by your thoughts, his greed led himself to steal the mask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom