• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Greatest Zelda Memories

C

Crimson327

What are your greatest memories playing any game from The Legend of Zelda franchise?
For me to answer, it would be really difficult and would require a lot of thought, since I've spent most of my childhood playing Zelda.
Although this is not my decided best memory, I remember back when i was about 3 or 4, and i got my GameCube, which included a copy
of The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. It was a GameCube disk containing 4 full games and 1 demo. It contained The Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2,
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and a 20 minute demo of The Wind Waker. Back when I got it, I really didn't know what Zelda was. After all, I was 3.
Looking at the cover, I thought it was some sort of building game. Back when I was 3, i didn't know much about war and battle, and considered a sword
to be a simple tool rather than a weapon. It was a few months later when my cousin came over. He came in my room and saw my games laying on my
dresser. "Woah! The Legend of Zelda!" my instant reply would want any other member of Zelda Dungeon to kill themselves. "Yeah. Its a boring game."
The funny thing was that I've never played it. So for that week, I was sitting on my bed, watching my cousin beating Ocarina of Time, and I was
impressed. I had never seen anything like what i had just seen in my life. Guess, what? A week later when I had turned 4, he left. Then a few years later
when i got a chance to see him again, I watched him play Majora's Mask, although he had never beaten it. He had just finished the Great Bay Temple, and he had to leave. Later on in life, the file was accidentally deleted from my GameCube Memory Card. But one time afterwards, I visited him, and he showed me that he had the games on the N64, and had beaten them both. I was surprised. When I was 10, I finally beat both games on my own.
Right now, I am 14 years old, and I have beaten most of the Zelda games. Here is a list of games I have NOT beaten: Adventure of Link, Link's Awakening, The Oracles, OoT Master Quest, Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks (simply because they sucked so much that I didn't even want to beat them), and Skyward Sword (I'm almost finished).

So tell me, what is your all time most memorable moment playing the Legend of Zelda? If you want, you may also include the games you have and have not beaten. Maybe your favorite Zelda games as well!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 1

MW7

Playing through my first ever dungeon- Tail Cave in Link's Awakening when I was about 5 years old
My first experience with the Water Temple- my favorite part of Ocarina of Time when I was 8
Finishing my first Zelda game- Ocarina of Time when I was 8
Majora's Mask from start to finish when I was 10- the first game I really ever anticipated the release of and it completely blew away my expectations.
Sailing the Great Sea in Wind Waker when I was 12.
Experiencing Legend of Zelda and Adventure of Link for the first time when I was 13 thanks to the Collector's Edition.
Also around this time I got A Link to the Past for the first time on GBA, and I loved the overworld of this game so much.
When I was 16 playing through the Snowpeak Ruins of Twilight Princess for the first time I'll never forget.
Playing through the Sand Ship of Skyward Sword for the first time last year was the happiest I've been playing a video game in about 5 years.

One of my best memories is playing Ocarina of Time with my older brother. We had no idea what we were doing since most of the previous games we played were platformers such as Mario. We also started in the middle of someone else save file (We got it used). We found our way into Kakariko Village, headed up Death Mountain Trail, and got slaughtered by Tektites. Since this was the first game we played that used weapons, we had no clue about using the sword. Many years later, Tektites are no problem to me.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I remember playing The Windwaker for the first time. I also remember doing a 100% run WindWaker During a Christmas Break a while back. I remember playing Ocarina of Time for the first time, then getting to see it in remasterd 3D. I also remember getting Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. I got the gold holographic cart at a Halfprice Books for $5!

W

water16dragon

I remember when I played Wind Waker (my first Zelda Video game :D) I was going against the puppet forms of Ganondorf and I was freaking out because on the last one he went so fast I was like "What the I don't know what to do." XD

L

Linebeck II

First time Majora's Mask, oh god the athmosphere

I still remember talking to my buddy almost every day what we found out about the game, new sidequests we discovered, the solution to the dungeon where we were stuck and any inchy little piece of progress in the kafei-questline.

WHen I first played a Link to the Past on the GBA, I played it alot one day, like 5 or 6 hours straight. Then I brought it to my school and got my friend playing zelda too, and we'd bring our GBA's to school and help each other with parts we were stuck on, telling eachother what happend, funny things. Ah, the memories....

When I first played Wind Waker, I love that game.

And Skyward Sword. Everything about Skyward Sword.

Popping in OoT in the N64 for first time when I was about 8 years old and pulling the Master Sword out for the first time seeing Link turn into a Adult thinking WHOA I THOUGHT I BEAT THE GAME!? Lol

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Either playing SS for the first time with the gold wii remote, or when I was about five and played MM, WW, or Oot just to explore the exotic locations.

Playing OoT and just being blown away. I hadn't played anything like it before and was totally sold on Zelda after that. Close second is Link jamming the Master Sword into Ganon's skull in the Wind Waker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom