• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Great Movies That More People Should Watch, That Most Don't Know They Exist

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Conspiracy - A biopic about the Nazis who planned the genocide against the Jewish community during the Wannsee Conference during WWII. Starring an all-star cast and one of the greatest WWII political films I have ever seen.

A clip from the film:
[video=youtube;vMGbZswSz_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMGbZswSz_w[/video]

The Sunset Limited - Starring only Tommy Lee Jones and Samuel L. Jackson as you've never seen them before. The movie is about a religious man, who saved someone as they were commiting suicde, trying to talk him out of doing it again and attempting to bring god into his life. Probably the most incredble acting perfomances from both the actor's careers.

A trailer from the film:
[video=youtube;l0MSitTAYyA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0MSitTAYyA[/video]

Both films can be watched on youtube if you're inerested in seeing them.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Moon (2009)

[video=youtube;WWoDBcSW4_c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWoDBcSW4_c[/video]

Criminally underrated, but very good Hard SF, and shockingly good for only having one main actor.

Salem

SICK
They are; 12 Angry Men., Good Night and Good Luck., See No Evil. Suspiri and. Oscar.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Trading Places - 1983

Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd at their peak in what is arguably the best comedy of the 1980s (and considering how much I love Ghostbusters that's saying something). This film is absolutely brilliant and still makes me howl with laughter after all these years. Anyone who hasn't seen it definitely needs to keep an eye out for it.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Fritz Lang's Metropolis is probably one of the greatest silent films ever made, and in my opinion tied with Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey for best sci-fi film ever made. A few of the scenes have been lost, nothing too important, but you should be able to find a version called The Complete Metropolis, which uses what they could salvage from those scenes from a damaged Argentine print of the film. The set pieces are some of the best I've ever seen, even of those in more modern movies.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I watched Metropolis (the Friz Lang version) not long ago for the first time and agree that it is AMAZING. There is also the Ozamu Tezkua film Metropolis, which only very loosely inspired by the former which is also amazing.

I don't know if I know anything really obscure... someone mentioned "The Secret of NIHM," My other childhood favorites are "The Last Unicorn" and "The Neverending Story" - but I'm pretty sure everyone in my generation has seen those at least once. You whippersnappers might not have, though. (Note on "The Neverending Story" - FIRST FILM ONLY. The sequels are crap, which is probably why the first is a somewhat obscure movie - they basically ruined it).

I wrote on my mini-blog here recently about rediscovering an old television movie / failed pilot that I liked. "White Dwarf." - I am not sure how "recommended" it comes as it is a fairly cheesy movie, but I found that I enjoyed it immensely even on a YouTube re-view. It's one of those I consider "subjective" - as in, if you like cheesy fantasy films as much as I do, you'll probably like it, but if you have a low tolerance for such things, you'll agree with the reviewers that killed it in pilot and kept it from becoming a series. I spoke about said film here: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/entry.php?b=10581

I've been watching some MSTK3 for the first time and am discovering some cheese-doodles I am enjoying for being cheese-doodles. "Robot Monster" anyone? The monster is a gorilla in a diving helmet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom