• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics

amaterasu

Writer
wait what? Sorry, i know they're not crap. The Gigas background i think is really scary, but at the same time really awesome. Moonside was just trippy.

wait what? Sorry, i know they're not crap. The Gigas background i think is really scary, but at the same time really awesome. Moonside was just trippy.

With regards to the general discussion of graphics, I believe effects (such as the warping effect used for Giygas' animation) are important, as they can help basic graphic engines set moods and tones far better than without. Another example of this was in Final Fantasy VI, when the airship was rushing to the Floating Continent, the extremely fast Mode 7 effects gave a true sense of urgency to stop Gestahl and Kefka. Final Fantasy VII however, uses the graphical techniques rather poorly, since all of the pre-rendered graphics in cutscenes add really nothing to the scenes (although it made the Supernova cutscene look very cool I'll admit.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom