• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Graphics of Zelda Wii

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
In the end, I think you can do more with a 'cartoony' style (the word doesn't fully cover the whole thing), more than full-scale realism. In that case, you can't do strange things without making it unbelievable. Something like Paper Mario for example, Nobody can complain that it's not possible what the character does and how he slips into bed. He's made of paper, just like the rest of the game. Still, it has some great sense of realism to it, like the basic stuff like gravity and such.

For this reason, what I will call the "plasticity of reality" in cartoon style animation, I am going to say that I prefer that over the hyper-realistic. Don't get me wrong, I want it to look good, and I'd certainly prefer for an HD Zelda sooner rather than later, but I think that going stylized is preferable. I am opting for Pixar over Avatar...Mario Galaxy over Monster Hunter Tri. That said, I don't want it to have a Pixar mood or a Mario mood. I want it to feel real and serious. I think that stylized graphics with realistic lighting, sound effects, and general seriousness is what I would want most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom