• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Google Made a Game for the NES

GoogleMaps 8-bit edition. The streetview feature works pretty good... LOL :P

[video=youtube;rznYifPHxDg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rznYifPHxDg[/video]

Heh...thats cool.
p.s. 0:55 ...the sound of d-d-dial up *shudders*

Last edited:
Now I can finally view my house in 8-Bit.:D I can see that the map looks exactly like the overworld from Dragon Quest which is pretty cool. Hopefully Google can make a 16-Bit version and maybe even a 64-Bit version.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Pretty cool. But not many people have an NES. Most of the other consoles can connect to the internet, so there's not really much they could do in that area.

Jedizora

:right:
I'm pretty sure this is their daily April fools joke. They do one every year, and it's march 31st. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do it a day early. However, it would be awesome if it was real.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
^Exactly. It's just too wierd to be real. Google would never release something like this on the NES. Unless a ton of people had one.

Kybyrian

The actual functional map they have the Google Maps portion of the site is really cool, but the whole NES game thing going on is actually an April Fools joke. It would be pretty sweet to be able to do something like that though haha.

Also kudos to Google for the Square Enix copyright on the title screen. Made my day lol

I wish I could see my house in 8bit, but Google Maps doesn't go up the road I live on...

ლ(゚Д゚ლ)
Y U NO let me see my house, Google?

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
At first I thought, "This is an April Fool's prank," but then I went to the Google Maps version. I will pick this up- WAIT, WHAAATTTT?! AN APRIL FOOLS PRANK!!!!!!!
P.S. If this were real, this would be the most recent release, licensed or not, since 2010.

Nyan Cat

Nyan! Nyan!
That's really cool, but even so I can't see my apartment on google maps. It's in a gated community so the most I see is the pond in the center xD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom