• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Good Bye Wii U

I tend to be a console behind because its cheaper so roll on the NX so I can finally get a wii U
I kinda did that for playstation. I got the PS3 for my brother last year and barely bought any games. all my friends had it so I just borrowed their games and got to play all the great games released on the ps3

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
It's only around 60 pounds and it comes with 30 games as well. so if you like old school games then it is really worth it. i am excited to finally play the first zelda games along with Mario and Kirby
I already made room for it underneath the tv. Anybody wanna buy a ps3? :p

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i was never excited for the wii u unlike the 3ds,though to be fair, it's initial e3 reveal was confusing as heck
although i like to bag on the wii u,i do think its a nice console w/ some great games,but i just can't help but look at it as ninetndo's worst console b/c many of its games are retreads of stuff they already did [not in the vein of pikmin 2 - pikmin 3,I of course mean 3d land - 3d world]
im definitley still looking to get one eventually once I find one for a good price,but as its stands,there's still more wii games i want than wii u games,

i was never excited for the wii u unlike the 3ds,though to be fair, it's initial e3 reveal was confusing as heck
although i like to bag on the wii u,i do think its a nice console w/ some great games,but i just can't help but look at it as ninetndo's worst console b/c many of its games are retreads of stuff they already did [not in the vein of pikmin 2 - pikmin 3,I of course mean 3d land - 3d world]
im definitley still looking to get one eventually once I find one for a good price,but as its stands,there's still more wii games i want than wii u games,

again, while the Wii U was not as successful as expected it still had some great games. but it is not the worst console Nintendo made. that title goes to Virtual Boy. that is the worst console ever in general probably

again, while the Wii U was not as successful as expected it still had some great games. but it is not the worst console Nintendo made. that title goes to Virtual Boy. that is the worst console ever in general probably
Hardware wise it's one of the best. Innovative. (The SNES and GC are the worst hardware wise as they add little in terms of user interactivity that their direct predecessors did not have)

Games wise the WiiU is one of the worst, but there is some quality there. But it's better to take the games individually. Nintendo are well known for their games more in isolation. Some good, some not so good.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Hardware wise it's one of the best. Innovative. (The SNES and GC are the worst hardware wise as they add little in terms of user interactivity that their direct predecessors did not have)

Games wise the WiiU is one of the worst, but there is some quality there. But it's better to take the games individually. Nintendo are well known for their games more in isolation. Some good, some not so good.
the ultimate factor for me for how good a console is is it's games,and that's sorta where the wii u falls short since there isn't a whole lot outside those core 15 ish games everyone mentions
doesn't matter how innovative or powerful a console is if there aren't many games to back it

the ultimate factor for me for how good a console is is it's games,and that's sorta where the wii u falls short since there isn't a whole lot outside those core 15 ish games everyone mentions
doesn't matter how innovative or powerful a console is if there aren't many games to back it
That is exactly how people feel about all Nintendo consoles/games. Quite different to the PS and XB fans feeling about their consoles. I actually agree here. But those core games are actually pretty good.

I'll list the WiiU games I bought (the major) eShop releases I bought and on disc (not VC though) and how many were actually good. If I got good value from them.
Yes = I did get good value from the game. Was worth the price I paid for the game.
No = The game is not worth the price I paid for it, in my opinion.

Games I paid full price for or bought the Collectors Edition
Tokyo Mirage Sessions - Yes (very niche though)
Mario Color Splash - Not played yet as I am finishing up TMS first.
Hyrule Warriors - Yes
Smash Bros 4 - No
Zelda Twilight Princess HD - Yes (for Zelda fans). If you're not a fan get it on sale.
Super Mario Maker - Yes
Captain Toad - Yes
Xenoblade Chronicles X - Yes

Games I bought on sale and how much I paid for it (Australian prices)
Rodea the Sky Soldier - $25 Yes just only if you get the Wii and WiiU versions in the same pack like I did.
Game and Wario - $5. Yes at this price. Not worth more though.
Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival - $5. No. This is not even worth getting free.
Scribblenauts Unlimited - $10. Yes.
New Super Mario Bros U - $30 + the Luigi DLC I downloaded through the eShop at full price. - No.
Art Academy Atlier - $35. Yes.
Zelda Wind Waker HD - $40. Yes at this price. No at full price.
Epic Mickey 2 - $20. Yes at this price. No at full price
Rayman Legends - $20 Yes but only barely.
NintendoLand - $20 - Yes
Monster Hunter - Came with the WiiU + pro controller + gamepad combo I bought. - No.
Affordabe Space Adventures - Humble Indie Bundle. Worth full price though.
Citizens of Earth - Humble Indie Bundle. Worth $15
Legends of Kay Anniversary - $20. Not worth anything more.

There is a decent selection (including many games I didn't buy) on the WiiU. I will admit many of them are only worth it on sale though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom