• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Going Days Without Taking a Shower or Changing Your Clothes

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
How long have you ever gone without a shower? And have you ever worn the same clothes for more than onw day without washing them?

What the appropriate number of days to go without taking a shower? What's the appropriate number of day to wear the same clothes (Shirts, pants, and/or underwear)? Is there even an appropriate number of days?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
i think a month is the longest i have gone without taking a shower and 3 weeks is the longest i have gone wearing the same clothes

but i honestly think there is no "appropriate" number of days because homless people cant take showers or change there clothes and some people act like there homeless

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
The longest I've gone without taking a shower: 3 days (yay camp).

Have you ever worn the same clothes for more than one day without washing them: yes, all the time.

What the appropriate number of days to go without taking a shower? 0

What's the appropriate number of day to wear the same clothes: I wear the same clothes like 5 or 6 times before washing them. Not 5 or 6 days in a row, of course, I'll wear them like once a week for 5 or 6 weeks then put them for wash.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
Days I don't take a shower: 2 days

Wear same clothes without washing: about 1-2 days

Appropriate to not take a shower: absolutely zero days!

Appropriate days to wear same clothes: hmm, I guess you switch out those same clothes every now and then for about 3-4 weeks and then take them to the wash.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I typically only shower if I know I am going out of the house. I still Shower at least twice a week at a minimum.
I wear the same clothes more than one day all the time, though the longest I think was 3 or four days.
I put new clothes on after I shower, unless I just put them on before deciding to take a shower.

Unless you are sweating and getting dirty all the time, twice a week is a good minimum.

If your clothes start to stink, it's time to change them for sure. If you are soaked with sweat, changing clothes may feel better but isn't necessary.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
When I was younger I probably went upto a week without a shower and mabye 2 weeks before washing clothes (switching between others though).
Now I shower 2-3 times a day, once in the morning (helps me wake up and feel fresh) and once before bed. The times that I'll have a third shower is after getting home from work (if its too early for just before bed), since I work at McDonalds I like to get off the oil as soon as I get home.
I think up to a week without a shower can be acceptable if you aren't getting too dirty. Also 2-3 weeks without washing clothes is okay depending on how dirty they are.

Dan

i think a month is the longest i have gone without taking a shower and 3 weeks is the longest i have gone wearing the same clothes

but i honestly think there is no "appropriate" number of days because homless people cant take showers or change there clothes and some people act like there homeless

Well I didn't expect that. ;p
I think you must shower every day, that's what I usually aim for. Homeless people often do take showers under drain pipes btw. So even the homeless take a good ol shower. There really is no reason not to take a shower every so often, no one wants to smell your bo. So take a shower, please I beg you.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I think the longest I've ever gone is a week for the shower. In clothes, as long as they're still clean and don't smell I wear some clothes again. I try to shower at least once every other day.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmm the longest must have been like a week or something.

As for clothes; I have working clothes and change to my normal clothes when I get home. I mostly wear the same clothes a few times as long as they're clean and don't smell either.

I shower every other day. Energy bills are very high and if I would shower like twice a day I can also pay twice as much or even more every month so I really watch the energy bill

The longest for me without bathing/shower is probably like a day. I mean you are talking to someone who loves to shower and I do it usually 3-4 times a day.

As far as clothes go, I will wear say a pair of jeans or something for a few days in a row assuming it doesn't get to dirty from time to time. The only clothes I will not wear multiple days in a row is socks and underwear.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Dunno, about a week max without a shower. Even this was freaking years ago. I "upgraded" my hygiene to about 3 a week soon after, but now, I rarely go without at least 6-7 a week.

As for clothes, I'm much less picky. I wear jeans for literally months at a time without washing them, jackets last about 2 weeks, but shirts, socks, underwear etc, despite getting dirty fast, I don't like being wasteful and wearing for only a day. I usually give them two.

bunny

birb overlord
I shower every day now. Sometimes every other day, but it really depends on if I was outside for a long time or ran or whatever...

As for changing clothes... I change my clothes every day, but I don't wash my jeans every time after I wear them. I heard that it can hurt your jeans if you do that, so yeah... I wash them probably like... Every 5 days.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
I usually shower every other day unless I get particularly dirty. The longest I've gone without a shower is probably 2 weeks, roughly.
I think that as long as you shower at least three times a week minimum then that's ok.

As for clothes, I usually wear jeans for about a week without washing them, sometimes more, unless they get a stain or something. I usually change my shirt everyday unless I'm not going anywhere that day and I change socks and underpants everyday.
As long as clothes don't stink or have visible stains, I don't see the harm in wearing them for as long as you can.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Shower every day after completing my gym session, I also change clothes completely after the gym. While on the weekends when I'm not at the gym I just take a long shower in the morning and wear some random stuff for the weekend at home or dress up really nicely if going out with friends.

I've been having this routine for the past 2 years now, Don't think I've ever during those 2 years worn the same clothes 2 days in a row or not taken a shower in 24 hours. ^^

Oh boy. When I was a teen, like around 15 or so, I could go a month or two easily sometimes without a shower. Not anymore though. 2 days at the most, but usually I shower every day now.

As long as my clothes aren't dirty/smell bad, I wear them a lot before washing them.

Appropriate number of days varies. If you start getting weird looks and people start passing out when near you, it's time for some self cleaning!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom