• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Goddess of Time

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
I just thot of who she is. We first hear of the Goddess of Time in Majora's Mask (I say it Ma-Hore-a's Mask. the J makes the H sound say it out loud is sounds better.) which is in a diferant demention. If Zelda is the sage of time why couldn't She have known that Link was going to get sent to termina and tell him of the goddess of time. Zelda said "I am praying...I am praying that your journey be a safe one. If something should happen to you, remember this song..." then she plays the song of time. Link plays it and the game says "You remembered the song of time! This melody, lingering on the edges of your mind, is a song of memories of Princess Zelda." Link rides off and Zelda says,"The goddess of Time is protecting you. If you play the Song of Time, she will aid you..." then Tatl said, "Somebody! Anybody!!! Goddess of Time, help us please! We need more time!" In ocarina of time not very many people know of the goddess of time, its not ever spoken of. tatl knew of the goddess of time so that makes me belive that the goddess of time is one of the goddess the made Tremina! If Trmina is in a parallel dimension why not have parallel goddesses, and the goddess of time as the parallel version of nayru?

Well tell me what you think back it up with evidence.

As always,
Shadow mori

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
However, because Zelda also knew her this rules out the possibility that she was simply the goddess of another realm.

I said that she was the sage of time so she Saw the things to come for link.

Originally Posted by Shadow Mori
Well tell me what you think back it up with evidence.
Is it not your job to back it up with evidence

some people just say "nothing proves it so its not right."

felipe970421

Mardek Innanu El-Enkidu
(I'm new here so I don't know how to do proper quotes, sorry, mind leaving a little explanation if you reply?)

At first your argument made me think more of the zelda-GoT relationship, zelda being the sage of time and all, but you must remember she didn't get that position until much later (in the adult timeline)

"I just thot of who she is. We first hear of the Goddess of Time in Majora's Mask (I say it Ma-Hore-a's Mask. the J makes the H sound say it out loud is sounds better.) which is in a diferant demention. If Zelda is the sage of time why couldn't She have known that Link was going to get sent to termina and tell him of the goddess of time. Zelda said "I am praying...I am praying that your journey be a safe one. If something should happen to you, remember this song..." then she plays the song of time. Link plays it and the game says "You remembered the song of time! This melody, lingering on the edges of your mind, is a song of memories of Princess Zelda." Link rides off and Zelda says,"The goddess of Time is protecting you. If you play the Song of Time, she will aid you..." then Tatl said, "Somebody! Anybody!!! Goddess of Time, help us please! We need more time!""

this was the interesting part, however, I don't think she is a Termina-only deity, Zelda knew of her even though she is from Hyrule, I don't think she is Nayru either (why do people always assume that?), I think she is different deity altoghether (also, people don't mention the 3 golden godesses much either, I think only the Deku tree does so), the godess of time is the Deux ex machina that saves Termina, while the 3 Golden godesses are the Deux ex Machina that justifies the existence of a major plot point (:triforce:), I think drawing a connection is unjustified.

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
ok you have a valid point but Saria whasn't the sage of forest tell 7 years after we left but she still had a conetion with the woods. Roto whasn't the sage of whater for 7 years but she had a conetion whith the fish ect., ect.But one question what dose Deux ex Machina mean??

P.S. to make ""s just click the word bubble in the actions bar if you hover over it with your mouse it will say "Wrap
tags around selected text" just hilight the text and click that butten;)

Shadow Mori

the shadow of the moon
The goddess of time is Hylia.

what happend to "back it up with evidence."???

Considering the only glimpses of the future we see her have previously are being visited by 'a boy in green' I don't think it's feasible to assume she could see Link's future in this much detail.

Maybe she already knew of The goddess of time and she figured out from her vision that it was the goddess and some other small facts.

Last edited:

Taggerung115

Warrior
this was the interesting part, however, I don't think she is a Termina-only deity, Zelda knew of her even though she is from Hyrule, I don't think she is Nayru either (why do people always assume that?), I think she is different deity altoghether (also, people don't mention the 3 golden godesses much either, I think only the Deku tree does so), the godess of time is the Deux ex machina that saves Termina, while the 3 Golden godesses are the Deux ex Machina that justifies the existence of a major plot point (:triforce:), I think drawing a connection is unjustified.

Goddess of Time. hmmm. Hylia? Maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom