• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Glitches? Exploits?

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Has anyone found any they'd like to share? Surely there will be at least minor SPOILERS involved so be aware that there may be SPOILERS ahead. I found a cute one. Sorry for the crappy picture. This is a door which is accessible when the body is titled 90 degrees. It's nothing special but it's fun to see Link squeeze through that tiny gap.

Attachments

• rsz_20170317_224512.jpg
    rsz_20170317_224512.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 20
Nothing, like, significant so far. Just stupid ****. But I like stupid ****, which is why I have some stuff. Some of these aren't really glitches, just the monster AI acting up. I was actually gonna make a blog post to dump all of my stupid stuff, but this works.

Me hiding behind Kass for at least 8 hours of in-game time because these stalmoblins kept throwing rocks at Kass and it was funny. The one kept striking the other in the back of the head, as well.

Here's an octorok that buried itself right on the edge of a platform.

Yiga footsoldier who flew off the cliff when I attacked him, and instead of warping back up here, he kept trying to shoot me from all the way down there.

Oh, and there's this too. I've actually seen a few seams in cliffs before, but I accidentally fell in one thinking it was a ledge to catch my breath. (not actually a spoiler, just images)
3cc89f9ace.jpg

f1447faf05.jpg

80113809f0.jpg

And I guess you could call this an exploit. This was something I attempted two nights ago, after I watched someone do this right after getting off the Great Plateau (so, it's not, like, my find or anything). Forgive my clapping at the end; I was trying not to laugh.

The ascent
6e5ce0cfd7.jpg

Where I was on the map
5e0976de94.jpg

One exploit I worked out.

For the Eventide Island challenge you are supposed to start it with no gear at all. You can't get around that technicality but you can drop loot so you can pick it up as soon at the challenge starts. Starting the challenge with a few bows and a few high powered weapons makes the challenge a lot easier. Especially the fight with Hinox. You still have to farm arrows though.

So how do you do this. Well find a part of the island with a decent beach. And as you walk you'll notice the challenge starts as soon as you leave the water and step on dry land. However you can walk in the shallows right near the beach and drop weapons and shields and bows. Then walk on land, start the challenge, then walk back two steps and pick up that gear to help you do the challenge.

The catch?
All gear on your person is removed (never to return) when you complete the challenge. So don't use anything you are not ok with giving up after the challenge is over. By that I mean don't drop all your loot to use for the challenge, only drop just enough, or whatever you are ok with losing after you're done here even if you didn't actually use it to beat the challenge.

I would assume this was totally overlooked by the developers.

Last edited:
If you light 4 campfires at the same time, NPCs will run away, it's quite funny watching them run in circles trying to get home.

Well, you can't just drop your gear again, complete the challenge and pick them?
I never thought of that. I guess you could drop the gear just before you place the last ball in the last slot. I didn't think ofthat but it might work. It's not that big of a deal though. Average 40-50 weapons and one or two decent shields is enough and not that much of a loss to lose them after the challenge.

A different exploit for Eventide Island that I stumbled across... lightning.
Shortly after I got there a storm started, which I thought was a hinderance at first... then the enemies holding metal weapons started to get hit by lightning... and every time one died another would pick up the metal weapon they dropped, so the same thing would happen.
It was my final shrine, so I could easily have done it normally, but in the end I only ended up having to kill a few of the stragglers, and watching them all being picked off by lightning was hilarious.

If you change the camera to above you, Bokobolins on horses can't hit you and you can steal their arrows. I have so many arrows :)

Pen

The game is on!
One of the times when I was gonna dye my clothes in Hateno Village I started by talking to the guy in the dye shop as usual, but when I expected to see the view of Link standing on the second floor where you select what colour you wanna dye to, Link had instead wound up standing underneath where he should have been standing, already inside the big pot. Since I couldn't really see Link from that view I just exited out of it so I could go talk to the guy again and do it over again, but once I got control of Link again I wasn't able to get out of the pot. It was literally impossible to get out of there. I thought it was kinda funny though, seeing Link stuck in one of the big dying pots struggling to get out lol I eventually went to the map screen and teleported out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom